What I would do as the Viking GM... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What I would do as the Viking GM...

Moderator: Football Moderators

What I would do as the Viking GM...

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:03 am

Its only a dream guys...
1) I would talk Denny Green into taking Micheal Bennett and the Vikings 18th for thier 8th pick in the draft. AZ needs a RB and he is familiar with Denny.
2) Use O. Smith, M. Moore, M. Williams and J. FlyingSaucer as my RB/FB combos for this year. And possibly get a great RB as the #8 pick if one actually falls that far.
3) If a great RB does not fall to pick #7 or 8, get Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards at #7.
4) Take Derrick Johnson LB at #8
5) I would sign P. Burress.

If this all came together, we would have a good RB group, very good WRs for Daunte to get back into his '04 form, still have a good catching TE in Wiggins after the signing, and use Jim FlyingSaucer in blocking and 3rd down situations.
Our D is looking much better. A safety would help also, but with 2 very good CBs, we should be doing a little better in the secondary I would guess.
The D line will hopefully perform up to '04 standards.

PS , Yes I know, my sig is from '04 See ya Moss. Who's gonna moon the Lambeau fans now??
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What I would do as the Viking GM...

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:43 am

Bottled Aggression wrote:1) I would talk Denny Green into taking Micheal Bennett and the Vikings 18th for thier 8th pick in the draft. AZ needs a RB and he is familiar with Denny.

That deal actually makes more sense for Arizona than giving up Boldin. That way they get a decent running back, and can focus elsewhere with their (now lower) first round pick.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:04 am

I hope someone in the Vikings front office reads this post, because I think it makes sense. They have the money to sign a few big players.
I also read another post on the Vikings trying to trade up to get a RB in the draft. I really hope that does not happen. I think O. Smith is good enough to be a starting RB for us. Plus we have M. Moore, who is not too bad. I really like Moe Williams alot.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:27 am

I almost forgot....
6) Get a new head coach. There are some thing I like about Tice, but being a head coach is not on that list.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk