McNabb VS C-Pepp - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNabb VS C-Pepp

Moderator: Football Moderators

McNabb VS C-Pepp

Postby footballfreak449 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:22 am

Who do you think will have a better year this year? Why?
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:36 am

McNabb/Owens
C-Pepp/Burleson?

Sorry, but if the Vikings don't get Plax or add Edwards or Williams, the edge goes to McNabb. If the Vikings add another WR I think C-Pepp gets the edge.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:12 am

I definitely think the vikings need another good WR. Maybe Burress or Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards.
If the Vikings can do that, I will go with Culpepper. Otherwise, I am going with McNabb, because of the offense of Minnesota. It is just not the same and alot of changes are going to be made. Culpepper will have to get used to not having an easy outlet to throw to everytime he needs.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:28 am

I like McNabb just due to the fact of how many pass plays Philly calls. Although, I wouldn't mind have Culpepper for a QB, but I would take McNabb first. I was very impressed with his low INT numbers this year. He did very well in the beginning of the season. I can't remember but didn't he go the first 4-5 games without an INT? I just hope Owens makes it through the whole season this year. That would be great for Philly.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:24 pm

I would lean towards Culpepper unless they go into the season with Marcus Robinson as their #2 guy. Culpepper showed me last preseason, that he has matured past the "throw it up to Moss" mentalilty and that he is an elite QB on his own right. He doesn't need Moss to throw for 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs as long as he has two competent WRs (Burleson + ?)

And while McNabb has the elite WR in TO, outside of Brian Westbrook, there aren't many other receiving threats in Philly. Maybe if LJ Smith develops into a premier pass-catching TE... I still don't see McNabb reaching the 5000yard or 40TD mark in that offense....in other words his ceiling is not much higher than 4000+/30+ as well.

The value in drafting these guys though comes in their rushing ability. Culpepper could become the #1 goalline option in Minnesota now that Moss is gone, racking up an additional 6-10 rushing TDs. While Philly seems more content giving the ball to the RB when it's short and goal. Remember Minnesota didn't have a RB touchdown until like the 8th week in 2004? In 2003, Philly had something like 20 rushing TDs and in 2004 they brought in Dorsey Levens specifically for short yardage rushing situations. Buckhalter (8 TD, 2003) will be the short yardage RBBC guy in 2004.

I will only rate McNabb higher if it's apparent that Culpeppper doesn't have a decent enough set of WRs that he can post top10 QB passing numbers..

Probably won't draft either one unless they fall to the third round though.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:31 pm

This year alone I take McNabb. Actually I'd take Bulger but that's another story. McNabb has more options and a better overall offense. He racked up TDs, had a few rushing and I don't see that changing much. Cpepp will drop, not dramatically, but McNabb was already nipping at heals THIS year (yeah, yeah, Moss injury). I'll take Cpepp back '06 forward though.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:10 pm

if the vikings get another WR, id take c-pep for sure. as it is now...its very close, but the edge goes to mcnabb due to owens. im sure even if the vikings dont get another WR, their numbers will still be pretty close (mcanbb and c-pep)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk