What don't the Giants understand about them NEEDING A WR!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What don't the Giants understand about them NEEDING A WR!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:52 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:You know, something feels strange with this whole Plaxico thing. I was thinking he just priced himself too high, but you'd think if teams were really interested they'd go after him and try to make a deal. Now the Giants come out and flatly say they don't want him. It makes you wonder if there is some unspoken reason they're not interested.

Has anyone ever heard him speak?Maybe he sounds like Bobby Bouchet(sp?),or has really offensive breath.He looks like a halitosis sufferer.Maybe he showed up at the meetings with a posse and some bizzitches. ;-7 In actuality,it's probably a combination of a high,inflexible price tag and a rough personality that is turning people off.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:35 pm

Hey Kanez, as you probably heard by now Plax refused to take a physical and told the Giants that their $4M/Year offer was about $1M short yearly. I was excited about the idea of Plax playing for the Giants but I wouldn't blame the F.O. for this. No physical is no go and nobody is going to offer him more money than what the Giants did. Guess he didn't want to play here. ;-)
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:40 pm

I heard Plax turned down an 8 million dollar signing bonus.
I love the guy but someone needs to tell him,

"You ain't TO or Marvin brah."
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:12 pm

Coughlin doesn't put up with attitudes and I'm sure he got an earful from Plax. I'm not sure how much power Coughlin has in NY, but in JAX he was known for making the players bow down to him and I'm sure Plax walked in there mouthing off without a lot of stats to back it up.

I think career-wise, he'd be better off going to Phili where TO can show him the ropes on talkin' the talk and then walkin' the walk. Fantasy-wise I'd prefer to see him in Minnesota, though.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:12 pm

If only they kept phillip rivers.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:23 pm

I wonder why team like the Chiefs, Chargers, and Jaguars (Jimmy is getting old, and Plax and Reggie would be a nice duo) aren't being mentionned.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:33 pm

Cheese, I agree about the Cheifs and Jags not being interested - it's kind of mind-boggling. But at the same time, there is no way I would give that guy an 8 mil bonus, not after one decent season. I think the guy has skills, but to me all he has shown is his relentless desire to get the biug bucks and then chill out in whatever city takes a chance on him - I see no passion coming from Burress when it comes to the game of football, and that will kill whatever team he ends up on.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

WR

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:26 pm

Then they sign Terrell. TOO Funny.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager