Boston to SanFran(False Report)!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boston to SanFran(False Report)!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:15 pm

Well, I'm thinking the Ravens will make a pass at him. He'll likely still be a drawing card... again, if he cleans up his act.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:17 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Well, I'm thinking the Ravens will make a pass at him. He'll likely still be a drawing card... again, if he cleans up his act.

dont say horrible things like that...i can already hear GP trash talkin about him fitting in with our other law-breakers :-o :-o he is goin to the steelers!!! :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:52 pm

:-°

Welcome to the wonderful world of Internet news. :-B
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:45 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:Image

:-)

Nice save. ;-D And once again, Pro Football Talk is wrong, no surprise there.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:02 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:And once again, Pro Football Talk is wrong, no surprise there.

It was 49ersnews.com that originally reported this wrong.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:39 am

Shouldn't Boston be a Raider? He doesn't fit in anywhere else, so Oakland seems a natural.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby MadScott » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:33 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:And once again, Pro Football Talk is wrong, no surprise there.

It was 49ersnews.com that originally reported this wrong.
Damn! We can't even get the news right here! :~(

I did find this though, http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_2603422

49ers meet with agent for receiver Boston
By Roger Phillips, STAFF WRITER

The San Francisco 49ers are considering signing the top-flight receiver they have lacked since trading Terrell Owens, albeit a player lugging a hefty share of baggage.
David Boston's agent, Mitch Frankel, spoke Wednesday with 49ers officials about his 26-year-old client, who was released earlier this week by the Miami Dolphins after failing a physical. Niners coach Mike Nolan has expressed interest in Boston.

Before speaking with the 49ers, Frankel said he expects Boston to sign with a team soon.

"I would imagine in the next seven days something will happen," Frankel said. "I don't see it stretching much more than that."

Frankel did not return a phone message Wednesday night after his discussion with the 49ers.

Boston is not the only free agent the 49ers are considering. On Wednesday, they held a workout for kicker Joe Nedney, a former Raider released recently by the Tennessee Titans. The 49ers are seeking a replacement for kicker Todd Peterson, who signed last week with the Atlanta Falcons.

But the discussions regarding Boston are a flashier flirtation.

The 6-foot-2, 240-pound Boston joined the ranks of the NFL's elite receivers in 2001. That year, his third in the NFL and his only Pro Bowl season, Boston caught 98 passes for a league-leading 1,598 yards and eight touchdowns for the Arizona Cardinals.

One factor that could play in the 49ers' favor if they decide to pursue Boston is his relationship with receivers coach Jerry Sullivan, who tutored Boston for four seasons in Arizona. Sullivan's presence in Miami was one reason Boston chose to join the Dolphins last year.

Asked how important it is to Boston that Sullivan is on the 49ers' staff, Frankel said, "It would be a very big factor in David's ultimate decision. David has the utmost respect for coach Sullivan. He believes he helped him to develop into the player he became."

Boston has had problems on and off the field in recent years.

In 2003, he signed a $47 million contract with the San Diego Chargers. But he lasted only one season in San Diego, during which he was suspended for one game following a verbal altercation with the Chargers' strength coach.

Boston was traded to the Dolphins last year but was sidelined for the season after tearing his left patellar tendon during training camp.

During the 2004 season, the NFL suspended Boston for four games after he tested positive for steroids. He did not have to miss any games during the suspension because he was injured, but he forfeited one-quarter of his $2.8 million salary.

In recent months, Frankel said Boston has been rehabilitating his injury in Vermont at a facility that specializes in treating injured world-class skiers. In December, Boston pleaded innocent to a charge that he struck a ticket attendant at the airport in Burlington, Vt.

Frankel said Boston is about one month from being in the physical condition required to play in an NFL game. He said three other teams have shown interest in Boston, and he spoke to two of them before speaking with the 49ers.

As for the vacant kicker's job, Nolan said this week he would like to sign a veteran before next month's NFL Draft. Nedney's agent, Bob LaMonte, did not return a phone call.

The agent for free-agent quarterback Brad Johnson also said he has not heard from the 49ers. Nolan has said the 49ers have had internal discussions regarding Johnson.

Sounds like they may have ran and embelished the story a touch. Damn, can you believe that Boston is only 26?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:57 am

MadScott wrote:Damn, can you believe that Boston is only 26?

Yeah, I had to do a double take at that, too. That and that he blew a $47 Million contract 8-o He probably signs somewhere for close to a minimum deal.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby proKrastinate » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:11 pm

moochman wrote:
MadScott wrote:Damn, can you believe that Boston is only 26?

Yeah, I had to do a double take at that, too. That and that he blew a $47 Million contract 8-o He probably signs somewhere for close to a minimum deal.

which is exactly why hes a low risk - high payoff guy the niners could use right now. someone with a potential to be a pro-bowler again, with a very low salary.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GMoney » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:55 am

yep i honestly hope to god we sign this man....

for a minimum contact why the hell not?

Boston, BLloyd, and Rashaun Woods (who Nolan had better at least give a chance this year) sound like a solid WR crew.... add in 2nd round pick (maybe 3rd) last year Derrick Hamilton, and Arnaz Battle....

you could just about put WR in the very short column of positions that do NOT need help (along with LB).

I think all the recent talk about the niners drafting Edwards is to try and trade out of that pick to someone who wants a WR... i hope it works. Id love to see the niners trade down and grab a CB (antrell rolle would do just fine).

Rumph is more of a saftey and Plummer is gonna be a severe cap headache next year and in years to come do to the way his big contract was structured..... god York was an ass.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk