S Darren Sharper Released... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

S Darren Sharper Released...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:23 pm

RayVins wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:
RayVins wrote:
Manja wrote:RayVins.. Just edit your posts.

And Cooleyhigh is a 'Boys fan, I believe.

o ok... i got confused by the ravens sig...

I confess, I am a Dallas fan but a Jamal owner...

ok... thats cool, as long as you hate tagliabue.

dude, what is with you and tagliabue?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:33 pm

With The NBA wallowing in the myopic post-Jordan era, the NHL who can't even manage to keep their door open, and MLB who is suffering from lowered attendance and the steroid scandal...Tags has done nothing but keep this league plugging along, force feeding it's fans with content and creativity.

What say you?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:34 am

awwchrist wrote:With The NBA wallowing in the myopic post-Jordan era, the NHL who can't even manage to keep their door open, and MLB who is suffering from lowered attendance and the steroid scandal...Tags has done nothing but keep this league plugging along, force feeding it's fans with content and creativity.

What say you?

Content and creativity? You mean the league formally known as the NFL but under Tagliaboob is now called the No Fun League. Creativity isn't banning spontaneous or planned celebrations, reducing the amount of hot cheerleaders shown during a game. That's creative reduction, not growth. And content? Two playoff teams were 8-8? Something is just wrong about that.
No, I think the NFL is on auto-pilot and thriving despite the fumbling of Tagilaboob. All he is force feeding the fans is his moral prudish attitude. No big hits, no big...um...er..no cheerleaders, and no celebrating!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:35 am

Are you saying you LIKE Tagliabue, PF? 8-o

I also hate Tagliabue... stupid, Redskins-loving fool...

:-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:26 am

Wow, well you know what I see? I see more football. Period.

The NFL Network. Games on Thursdays and Saturdays. Games on network, cable and the Ticket.

Cry all you want about endzone celebrations ans cheerleaders. If that's where you really hold your value in football.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:48 am

awwchrist wrote:Wow, well you know what I see? I see more football. Period.

The NFL Network. Games on Thursdays and Saturdays. Games on network, cable and the Ticket.

Cry all you want about endzone celebrations ans cheerleaders. If that's where you really hold your value in football.

I guess you miss my point as I missed yours. Yes there is more football programming on TV, don't know that there is more football. The NFL prime ticket kind of stuff wasn't an NFL initiative, but a savy business move by direct TV and the like. Tags just wasn't retarded enough to say no to income. I have noticed that in order to protect the owners $$$ that if a game isn't sold out it is blacked out. That is an antiquated rule created when the NFL wasn't the behemoth it is today. So some places get no local football coverage, like Oakland (I think) and the Lions when the Siverdome was their home, on weekends when they had >60,000 fans at the game but weren't sold out.
There are also more Sundays that have only 2 or 3 free games on, when 4 was the rule. Tagliaboob mistook the decrease in ratings as being from too much football, instead of the increase in other TV programming and channels(cable and satalite).

As for the Cheerleaders and celebration issue, Tags has sided with parents in an effort to woo the ladies to watch. Unfortunately what he has done has made the NFL seem stodgy. He is ignoring a market he should covet: the kids. They are the future of the league. And they are a generation that grows up in a differnent world than Tags and the housewives. A world of short attention spans and videogames that have an abundance of celebratory dancing and simulated hotties. This audience is turning away from the NFL. That should keep Tagliaboob awake nights, but he is deep asleep.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:44 pm

moochman wrote:And content? Two playoff teams were 8-8? Something is just wrong about that.
I'm certainly not going to fly the Tagliabue flag mightily here, but don't lay this at his doorstep. This is squarely a product of what the owners and union have agreed upon in the CBA. Yeah, it's great that there is a "salary cap" out there and it does mean that your team doesn't have to wallow in the basement of a division for years trying to slowly build itself up via the draft, but it also creates "parity" or more appropriately, mediocrity. Blame Tags for banning endzone celebrations with cellphones and the like but don't throw him under the bus when two average teams make the playoffs.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:51 am

Granted, MadScott, the parity/mediocrity in football was born of Pete Rosell's womb, but it is Tags' watch.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Flockers » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:39 pm

The Vikings just inked him to a 4 year deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Ahh going over to the rivals. That Vikes defense isnt looking so bad now. I also heard they will not be coveting Plax too heavily. Anyone else figure they will draft Mike Williams at 7 (if they can) and defense at their other first rounder?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk