Super sleeper? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Super sleeper?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cruiz03 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:55 am

My bad.... Bell is not a sleeper in most minds so let me be more practical.

- Kevin Curtis for the rams.

- A. Bryant in Cleveland will finally be starting WR and they will be playing from behind for the next year or two.

- T. Calico (again) Love this guy. Unreal hands and a nack for getting open.

I'm sure some will come to mind.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:52 pm

There was a similar thread earlier and the name of Carson Palmer came up. He could be a top 10 QB that can be had in the later rounds.

I also like Calico (again) and Suggs for the reasons posted earlier in this thread. I think S. Moss will disappoint again, as well. He's my anti-sleeper pick.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ljthockey » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:12 pm

Im also really hopefull on Charles Rogers I love his talent if only he could stay healthy he could be great in the league.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:31 pm

super sleeper? hmmmm. Reche Caldwell. Was great before being put on the IL last year. Even if the Chargers pick up a WR in the first, Reche should still be the number 2 for at least this year.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:08 pm

I guess I'd say that I'm one of the few JP Losman believers this year. He has a solid supporting cast in wide receivers Eric Moulds and Lee Evans and in his starting running back Willis McGahee. He'll be competing for the starting job against the veteran Kelly Holcomb come camp, but I feel he can succeed given the opportunity. He's definitely on my to watch list for next season.
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:08 pm

portisfan24 wrote:super sleeper? hmmmm. Reche Caldwell. Was great before being put on the IL last year. Even if the Chargers pick up a WR in the first, Reche should still be the number 2 for at least this year.

how, if the chargers are gonna take a WR in the 1st, itll be either edwards or williams. They would start, plus Mccardell. I dont think Reche will be starting at WR next year.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:12 pm

Canacuna wrote:Tyrone Calico (again) and Charles Rogers (again). !+)

These are two of my favorite sleepers, although I wouldn't exactly call them too deep. Calico could have a monster year, with Mason gone Bennett may draw the double teams leaving Calico with the starting spot to harness the talent he has. Injury held him back last year, but when he is healthy he is a nice redzone target. Rogers is a huge risk because he has missed so much time over the last two seasons, but if he ever does avoid injury he could be an absolute stud.

As for a deep sleeper, I'll go with Quentin Griffin. Everyone thinks of him as a huge bust, but in reality he only had a couple of bad games before he got injured for the rest of the year. Given the chance to start in Denver's offense he can be a stud.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:07 pm

If you want a sleeper Redskin receiver, I would go with Taylor Jacobs. I'm hoping he can blossom into a starter.

And I know LaMont Jordan isnt a deep sleeper, but I have a real good feeling about him.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:46 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:super sleeper? hmmmm. Reche Caldwell. Was great before being put on the IL last year. Even if the Chargers pick up a WR in the first, Reche should still be the number 2 for at least this year.

how, if the chargers are gonna take a WR in the 1st, itll be either edwards or williams. They would start, plus Mccardell. I dont think Reche will be starting at WR next year.

The chargers won't get either of those two. not by a long shot. Both will be gone by the top 7. Plus, I already named reche as a sleeper on the first page. Good to see someone agrees with me.

Eric Moulds: Losman is starting, he will look to moulds as his secure veteran as moulds can consistently get open. A decent year i predict for Moulds when most everyone has doomed him to failure.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Super sleeper?

Postby RayVins » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:15 am

DC Disaster wrote:Who is your super sleeper?
A player to be taken in the very late rounds

I'm thinking C. Moore BAL

With the addition of Mason this kid should shine if Boller can get hin the ball.

so glad to see someone else notice the talent this kid has and also the potential thats there...

at 6'6'' with great jumping ability i could see this kid being the next randy moss-type WR out there... of course his speed isnt as good but it will suffice for the lacking BAL WR core.

id love to see him as our #3 WR but he will more than likely only be brought in for endzone lobs or to be a distraction for this reason...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk