Mike Williams Pro Day - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike Williams Pro Day

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Williams Pro Day

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:23 pm

Supposedly according to sports center Mike Williams had a great pro-day showing and most teams were pretty impressed with him. Gruden said something funny after being questioned on the effect that Williams' time off would have "I haven't forgotten how to ride my bike" or something like that. He ran a high 4.5 and a low 4.6 but scouts were really impressed with his route-running and athleticism for such a big guy.

where do you project him as of now?? I say he's still Top 10 and pressing top 7.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:43 pm

Definately top 10. Could even be top 5 depending on circumstances.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm going with top 6. Mainly because I'm praying its the Eagles plan to trade up for him. He does physically seem like TO Jr., and with the Titans cap problems which had them trading out of round 1 last year, I think at the very least the Eagles could trade up to there and take him (assuming Chicago takes Braylon Edwards).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:44 pm

4.5-4.6 is good enough. He's got other tremendous skills. You don't have to be supremely fast to succeed as a WR.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:23 pm

Mike Williams is a guaranteed top5 pick money in the bank, possibly even top3. There are two WRs that everyone and their mother is going to be trying to trade up to get and Tampa Bay seems to hold the measuring tape of how much you're gonna have to pay. If you want Mike Wiliams you better be prepared to trade with SF, Mia, or Cle.

I could see Edwards and Williams both going in the first 5 picks very easily while one of the QBs slips down to 6 or lower.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:17 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Mike Williams is a guaranteed top5 pick money in the bank, possibly even top3. There are two WRs that everyone and their mother is going to be trying to trade up to get and Tampa Bay seems to hold the measuring tape of how much you're gonna have to pay. If you want Mike Wiliams you better be prepared to trade with SF, Mia, or Cle.

I could see Edwards and Williams both going in the first 5 picks very easily while one of the QBs slips down to 6 or lower.

I read on the Bears message board today that Jerry Angelo went himself to watch Williams work out and he is sending some scout assistant to watch Edwards work out. I don't know if it is because he knows more about Edwards or if it is because he is leaning towards Williams?

I know it's just a message board and it could mean absolutely nothing, but it is odd, that a GM who makes the call on whether to pick someone or not doesn't personally go to a potential pick's workout.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:28 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Mike Williams is a guaranteed top5 pick money in the bank, possibly even top3. There are two WRs that everyone and their mother is going to be trying to trade up to get and Tampa Bay seems to hold the measuring tape of how much you're gonna have to pay. If you want Mike Wiliams you better be prepared to trade with SF, Mia, or Cle.

I read on the Bears message board today that Jerry Angelo went himself to watch Williams work out and he is sending some scout assistant to watch Edwards work out. I don't know if it is because he knows more about Edwards or if it is because he is leaning towards Williams?

I know it's just a message board and it could mean absolutely nothing, but it is odd, that a GM who makes the call on whether to pick someone or not doesn't personally go to a potential pick's workout.

Kev, what message board was that?

Both Edwards and Williams are top 8 probably but I doubt both will go top 5.

Like you say, it's hard to tell what Angelo's visit (or lack of) really means.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MCG321 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:56 pm

He'll drop to 31. :-b

I think Williams will be a great player, and make a big impact his rookie year, depending on where he goes.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:57 pm

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=131421

already been posted (by me, I may add). Not a lot of traffic in "college sports," I guess.

Anyways, yeah, apparently, TB is interested in him... interesting.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby footballfreak449 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:06 pm

No way he escapes the top 10, and doubtful to drop out of the top 8.
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Football Talk