For Mercer Boy, this is the move that gets us in contention. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

For Mercer Boy, this is the move that gets us in contention.

Moderator: Football Moderators

For Mercer Boy, this is the move that gets us in contention.

Postby MadScott » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:48 pm

http://www.insidebayarea.com/49ers/ci_2605138

KNBR will become 49ers' new flagship radio station
By Cecil Conley, STAFF WRITER

KNBR 680/1050 signed a four-year contract Thursday to become the flagship station of the San Francisco 49ers beginning with the 2005 season, station manager Tony Salvadore said Thursday.
KNBR also carries the San Francisco Giants and Golden State Warriors. Asked about the possibility of scheduling conflicts, Salvadore said 1050 and "The Bone" 107.7 FM will carry the 49ers until the Giants season has ended. After that, 49ers games will be on 680 and 107.7. Salvadore said the 49ers never will be on all three Susquehanna Radio-owned stations at the same time.

"Now the 49ers have got both sides of the dial," Salvadore said. "This adds one major piece to the puzzle and gives a pretty powerful lineup. With all due respect to the Raiders and all due respect to the A's, we've got the three premier franchises in this market. It's very big deal for us."

KGO 810 carried the 49ers the past 18 seasons, but the news talk station opted out of its five-year contract with the team after three years because it lost money. KGO president/general manager Mickey Luckoff released a statement Thursday saying the station had pulled out of negotiations with the 49ers because the sides couldn't reach a new deal that would be a "win-win for both of us."

"I'm taking nothing away from KGO. They're a great radio station. But they're a news talk station," Salvadore said. "They don't do what we do for a living. The 49ers needed a station like this to reach out to the community and tell their story. We have become part of what they really need."

Salvadore said the 49ers will have the final say on the broadcasters and believes the team will retain play-by-play man Joe Starkey and former 49ers linebacker Gary Plummer.

It's a biggie.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:57 am

Wow. That's groundbreaking.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:52 am

DOMINATION BY AMPLITUDE MODULATION

I love it. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to San Francisco 49ers