Vikings offseason - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vikings offseason

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vikings offseason

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:31 pm

When Moss was moved I was not very happy about it, but just wait a while and...

I am loving how things are going this offseason. I think with Sharper (just signed 4 year deal), Smoot, Chavous, Winfield, and B. Williams as nickel corner will make our secondary pretty formidable, at least more than in recent memory. With some draft upgrades I think D will actually be somewhat of a strength for the team. If we add a WR that is decent to go with Robinson and Burleson I believe they can be alright on offense. Plus Kleinsasser is back and they got "Big Sexy" Wiggins back. I think it is entirely possible that we are a better team next year, but if C-Pepp goes down we are in a lot of trouble
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:41 pm

Ya I dont think defense will be carrying the team or anything, but it isnt holding them back anymore. Their biggest weakness is wide reciever right now. They really need to address that. I wonder why Plax is so undesirable.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onepunch » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:44 pm

Found this from Dr. Z's last mock before the 2000 draft about Plexiglass. Might explain a lot as to why he isn't so desirable (at least to male GM's).

10 Baltimore Ravens (from Denver)
Plaxico Burress, WR, Michigan State
I'm hearing the same thing about Burress that I heard about Randy Moss two years ago: Great talent. Will drop the ball on occasion. Weird attitude. The best quote I heard was from an NFL coach who sat near him at the NCAA basketball championship: "He didn't even stand up when they played the Michigan State fight song. And you should have seen the way he was dressed. School stuff, but it was all cut up, with all sorts of frilly things on it." Oh, my. A cross-dresser who doesn't stand up for the fight song. What will they think of next?

Here's link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside ... mock_draf/
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:29 pm

I dont care how much of a head case he is I think we should sign Burress. While I know he cannot replace Moss I do think he could easily have his best season as a pro. He may not be as talented a Randy, but I think he could fill the spot nicely opposite Burleson. Also I would like to see them draft a WR but not with the 7th overall pick. If williamson is available when their second pick in the 1st round comes around maybe, but there has to be some "project" guys later so we could get him ready to produce whenever Marcus Robinson falls off or his contract comes up
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bottled Aggression » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:32 pm

I am also very happy with the holes that the Vikings are filling in the Defense this off season.

As far as Plax, let him go. I think he wants too much money and if he has an attitude, we dont need that.

I think we need a great young WR that Culpepper can have some authority over, unlike the situation with Moss. Maybe Culpeppper will be the true leader of the offense now.

I would like to see the Vikes sign Williams or Edwards at pick #7. I can see Tampa and Chicago going for a WR at picks 4 & 5 though. If that happens, i think we should take Derrick Johnson OLB at 7. Then hope someone like Mark Clayton is available at pick #18.
If we get Williams or Edwards at #7, then I think some D help would be good at pick 18, maybe someone like Thomas Davis, if he makes it that far.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:25 pm

i unfortunately see the edwards, williams, and johnson all gone before 7... oh but wouldn't it be nice if one dropped...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Bottled Aggression » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:51 pm

This is the way I see the draft panning out.

1 SF QB
2 MIA RB
3 CLE QB, they could take Johnson LB here
4 CHI WR
5 TB WR
6 TENN CB
7 VIKINGS
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:09 pm

Bottled Aggression wrote:This is the way I see the draft panning out.

1 SF QB
2 MIA RB
3 CLE QB, they could take Johnson LB here
4 CHI WR
5 TB WR
6 TENN CB
7 VIKINGS

i've seen reports coming in that san fran are looking at taking a WR also... like i said... i don't think we will get any of the 3... but many top picks have suddenly fell out of nowhere before (sapp, moss, etc...)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Return to Football Talk