My Mock Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My Mock Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Mock Draft

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:46 pm

my very first mock. Any feedback will be appreciated.

1. San Francisco- Aaron Rodgers QB Cal- Seems worn out, but yes the 49ers do indeed want to trade down. Assuming they cant, they take Rodgers.

2. Miami- Ronnie Brown RB Auburn- A solid combine makes Brown the top RB of the draft (as CC has been saying for weeks. :-b ) The defense lost a couple guys, but Saban gets his franchise back here.

3. Cleveland- Alex Smith QB Utah- Trent Dilfer and Luke McNown don’t exactly intimidate defenses. Derrick Johnson is a possibility, but Romeo takes his franchise signal-caller here.

4. Chicago- Cedrick Benson RB Texas- Rumour has it the Bears are looking at a running back. With Muhammed signed, it becomes even more of a possibility.

5. Tampa Bay- Braylon Edwards WR Michigan- Paired with Clayton the Bucs would have the most dynamic, young duo in the game. Cadillac could also go here.

6. Tennessee- Antrel Rolle CB Miami- With Samari and Dyson both gone, the Titans needs a corner. The offensive line can be addressed later.

7. Minnesota- Mike Williams WR USC- The Vikings fall over themselves to make this pick. Paired with Burleson he should make Vikes fans forget about Moss. (Well, for a little bit anyway)

8. Arizona- Derrick Johnson LB Texas- Not a huge need, but the Cards cant let DJ pass them by this late.

9. Washington- Marcus Spears DE LSU- The biggest need for the Skins is addressed here. Had Edwards or Williams fallen, that would have been the pick here.

10. Detroit- Shawn Merriman DE Detroit- Next to Shaun Rogers and James Hall Merriman will emerge into a force on the end. Heath Miller and Thomas Davis are also possibilities.

11. Dallas- Shaun Cody DE USC- Disappointed at Merriman being taken out from under their noses, Parcells takes Cody who is a good fit at end in the 3-4.

12. San Diego- Troy Williamson WR South California- McCardell and Gates can handle the middle routes, but Williamson can stretch the field. This will make more room for Gates, and big plays for Williamson.

13. Houston- Cadillac Williams RB Auburn- Falls out of the top 10 to the delight of the Texans. Domanick Davis fumbles too much, so the sure-handed Cadillac would be ideal. Travis Johnson is a possibility.

14. Carolina- Pacman Jones CB West Virginia- They drafted Gamble last year, and they wont let Pacman go past them this year. What was once a weakness is now a strength for the Panthers.

15. Kansas City- Carlos Rodgers CB Auburn- A great combine helps out Rodgers. KC missed out on corners in free agency, but are happy to get Rodgers.

16. New Orleans- Thomas Davis S Georgia- Has the versatility to play linebacker. The Saints are happy to make this pick.

17. Cincinnati- Travis Johnson DT Florida State- The best defensive tackle, and a huge need for the Bengals.

18. Minnesota- Dan Cody DE Oklahoma- The Vikes will convert him to linebacker, and will see it pay big dividends.

19. St Louis- Alex Barron OT Florida State- The Rams addressed their defense through free agency, and now fill the void at tackle with Barron.

20. Dallas- Daryl Blackstock LB- Shot up draft boards after the combine, if the Cowboys want to switch to a 3-4, they will have to draft wisely.

21. Jacksonville- Matt Roth DE Iowa- With two very good tackles, the Jaguars fill a void on the end with this pure pass rusher.

22. Baltimore- Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma- Derrick Mason and Clarence Moore aren’t terrible, but the Ravens are a team with few needs. Boller should thrive with this new group of receivers.

23. Seattle- Antaaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin- His value dropped a little, but the Seahawks would be happy to plug Hawthorne in the middle of their line.

24. Green Bay- Fabian Washington CB Nebraska- Helped himself at the combine. Ahmad Carroll struggled last year, and corner remains the biggest problem for the Packers.

25. Denver- Marlin Jackson CB Michigan- With the new rules, Champ Bailey can no longer cover half the field. A solid presence on the other side is key for the Broncos.

26. New York Jets- Heath Miller TE Virginia- Unable to land Putzier, the Jets are happy to grab Heath Miller.

27. Atlanta- Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma- Protecting Vick is key. The Falcons are happy to see Brown fall this far.

28. San Diego- Erasmus James DE Wisconsin- Having already addressed wide receiver, the Chargers focus on obtaining a pass rush. James will be solid for years.

29. Indianapolis- Justin Miller CB Clemson- It’s no secret the Colts need help on defense. They are happy to get Miller this late.

30. Pittsburgh- David Pollack DE Georgia- A team with few needs takes the best available player.

31. Philadelphia- Roddy White WR UAB- Another team with few needs, the Eagles pick up Roddy to take some heat off of Terrell Owens. Ciatrick Fason is a possibility.

32. New England- Elton Brown G Virginia- The Pats will look long and hard at a corner, but in the end decide to replace Andruzzi with the talented Brown.
Last edited by portisfan24 on Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:54 pm

Not much I can argue there...pretty nice mock, Portisfan. A few nitty gritty things...if Tampa goes for a wide receiver, it will probably be Mike Williams...Gruden loves the kid. And as of now, with Minnesota yet to ink Plaxico, I could see them taking a WR over Derrick Johnson. Roddy White may have been a little early...and where is Channing Crowder? For a first mock though, that's a really great job. Better than the last couple I've seen.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:03 am

i agree with joshy....this is the best one ive seen lately...and good to see someone picked the right guy for my team ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:04 am

Ill try not to spam this thread too much but here is my response to that.

I actually had Williams going to Tampa but I changed my mind at the last minute. And you read the thing wrong. Minnesota doesnt take DJ, they take Mike Williams. I actually had Channing Crowder in the first but I looked at many mocks and none had him going in the first. Seems he has character issues.

I like Roddy White, and actually saw him going to the Chargers at 12 in one mock. Who do you have in front of him at WR? I can think of a couple guys who are close.

Thanks for the response, I mostly agree with what you are saying.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:22 am

Yes I know I was agreeing with you...with the Vikings yet to sign Plaxico in Free Agency, I agree with you having them take Mike Williams over Derrick Johnson. Bad wording on my part. And Roddy White isn't a bad receiver, he has some talent...but after MW, Braylon, Williamson, and Clayton, there's somewhat of a dropoff in wide receiver value. The Eagles will probably fill one of their other needs first with their 1st round pick, and look to a wide receiver with their early 2nd pick.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:20 pm

any other comments?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:40 pm

portisfan24 wrote:any other comments?

If you comment on mine ;-D

Just kidding. Few things I want to comment on. The Bucs will take a Williams. If Cadillac is available, I think they will prioritize him over Mike.

Don't be afraid to put Channing in Round 1. I didn't see him either, but I stuck him all the way up at #18 with my beloved Vikings. If the shoe fits, wear it.

I like the way you incorporated Benson, but I don't think that many RB will be taken that early. My gut tells me someone trades down and gets him, but I have no idea at this point.

Overall, almost as nice as B4P's!
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:55 pm

Seattle will definitely not be going for a DT again with their first pick. If the rest of your mock order holds true, I would much rather see them take: Marlin Jackson, Erasmus James, Channing Crowder, Justin Miller, or David Pollack.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Hayabusa » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:09 pm

Why would Carolina take ANOTHER CB when they have Ken Lucas,Manning, AND Gamble. Why would GB take an CB when they have an much more pressing needs at FS and DE and O-Line. No way falcons take an O-Lineman in first round with no FS and no depth at MLB or SLB or DT and need an DE to replace Brady Smith after he retires. Skins need at a replacement for Fred Smoot is WAY bigger than an DE need lol. Pac-Man would be perfect for them. Other than that decent draft I guess. :-?
Hayabusa
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:39 pm

Out of curiousity what has happened recently to drop Erasmus James so far down the list? This is the furthest I've seen him. and I've seen him top 10 a couple times. Even going to the cowboys at 11 once or twice as well.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk