my very first mock. Any feedback will be appreciated.
1. San Francisco- Aaron Rodgers QB Cal- Seems worn out, but yes the 49ers do indeed want to trade down. Assuming they cant, they take Rodgers.
2. Miami- Ronnie Brown RB Auburn- A solid combine makes Brown the top RB of the draft (as CC has been saying for weeks.
) The defense lost a couple guys, but Saban gets his franchise back here.
3. Cleveland- Alex Smith QB Utah- Trent Dilfer and Luke McNown don’t exactly intimidate defenses. Derrick Johnson is a possibility, but Romeo takes his franchise signal-caller here.
4. Chicago- Cedrick Benson RB Texas- Rumour has it the Bears are looking at a running back. With Muhammed signed, it becomes even more of a possibility.
5. Tampa Bay- Braylon Edwards WR Michigan- Paired with Clayton the Bucs would have the most dynamic, young duo in the game. Cadillac could also go here.
6. Tennessee- Antrel Rolle CB Miami- With Samari and Dyson both gone, the Titans needs a corner. The offensive line can be addressed later.
7. Minnesota- Mike Williams WR USC- The Vikings fall over themselves to make this pick. Paired with Burleson he should make Vikes fans forget about Moss. (Well, for a little bit anyway)
8. Arizona- Derrick Johnson LB Texas- Not a huge need, but the Cards cant let DJ pass them by this late.
9. Washington- Marcus Spears DE LSU- The biggest need for the Skins is addressed here. Had Edwards or Williams fallen, that would have been the pick here.
10. Detroit- Shawn Merriman DE Detroit- Next to Shaun Rogers and James Hall Merriman will emerge into a force on the end. Heath Miller and Thomas Davis are also possibilities.
11. Dallas- Shaun Cody DE USC- Disappointed at Merriman being taken out from under their noses, Parcells takes Cody who is a good fit at end in the 3-4.
12. San Diego- Troy Williamson WR South California- McCardell and Gates can handle the middle routes, but Williamson can stretch the field. This will make more room for Gates, and big plays for Williamson.
13. Houston- Cadillac Williams RB Auburn- Falls out of the top 10 to the delight of the Texans. Domanick Davis fumbles too much, so the sure-handed Cadillac would be ideal. Travis Johnson is a possibility.
14. Carolina- Pacman Jones CB West Virginia- They drafted Gamble last year, and they wont let Pacman go past them this year. What was once a weakness is now a strength for the Panthers.
15. Kansas City- Carlos Rodgers CB Auburn- A great combine helps out Rodgers. KC missed out on corners in free agency, but are happy to get Rodgers.
16. New Orleans- Thomas Davis S Georgia- Has the versatility to play linebacker. The Saints are happy to make this pick.
17. Cincinnati- Travis Johnson DT Florida State- The best defensive tackle, and a huge need for the Bengals.
18. Minnesota- Dan Cody DE Oklahoma- The Vikes will convert him to linebacker, and will see it pay big dividends.
19. St Louis- Alex Barron OT Florida State- The Rams addressed their defense through free agency, and now fill the void at tackle with Barron.
20. Dallas- Daryl Blackstock LB- Shot up draft boards after the combine, if the Cowboys want to switch to a 3-4, they will have to draft wisely.
21. Jacksonville- Matt Roth DE Iowa- With two very good tackles, the Jaguars fill a void on the end with this pure pass rusher.
22. Baltimore- Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma- Derrick Mason and Clarence Moore aren’t terrible, but the Ravens are a team with few needs. Boller should thrive with this new group of receivers.
23. Seattle- Antaaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin- His value dropped a little, but the Seahawks would be happy to plug Hawthorne in the middle of their line.
24. Green Bay- Fabian Washington CB Nebraska- Helped himself at the combine. Ahmad Carroll struggled last year, and corner remains the biggest problem for the Packers.
25. Denver- Marlin Jackson CB Michigan- With the new rules, Champ Bailey can no longer cover half the field. A solid presence on the other side is key for the Broncos.
26. New York Jets- Heath Miller TE Virginia- Unable to land Putzier, the Jets are happy to grab Heath Miller.
27. Atlanta- Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma- Protecting Vick is key. The Falcons are happy to see Brown fall this far.
28. San Diego- Erasmus James DE Wisconsin- Having already addressed wide receiver, the Chargers focus on obtaining a pass rush. James will be solid for years.
29. Indianapolis- Justin Miller CB Clemson- It’s no secret the Colts need help on defense. They are happy to get Miller this late.
30. Pittsburgh- David Pollack DE Georgia- A team with few needs takes the best available player.
31. Philadelphia- Roddy White WR UAB- Another team with few needs, the Eagles pick up Roddy to take some heat off of Terrell Owens. Ciatrick Fason is a possibility.
32. New England- Elton Brown G Virginia- The Pats will look long and hard at a corner, but in the end decide to replace Andruzzi with the talented Brown.
Last edited by portisfan24 on Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.