Any News on Najeh Davenport? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any News on Najeh Davenport?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any News on Najeh Davenport?

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 am

Where he might be headed, if anyone might sign him? I haven't heard anything which surprised me since his price shouldn't be too high.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knownothings » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:28 pm

rotoworld wrote:"Najeh Davenport had ''minor'' shoulder surgery this offseason. It will take 8-10 weeks of rehab to heal.
It doesn't sound that minor to us. This helps explain why there has been so little interest to date in Davenport as a restricted free agent. He'll be ready by training camp, but it's beginning to look like he'll remain in Green Bay for one more year. Too bad."

Looks like you traded a bit early. At least you didn't give up much. And who knows, Ahman could go down opening the way to Davenport.
2004, 2005 & 2006 Hall of Fame Dynasty League Champion
2006 Dy-Nasty Kings Champion
2006 Tenacious D League Champion
2006 FIRM Champion
knownothings
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ravage » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:57 pm

Other than a few players the last couple of years RFAs don't often change teams. While Davenport's tender was low and is affordable for most teams, the Pack could still match any offer. Coupled with the injury I don't see high chances of him moving.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:01 pm

I called his ex-GF and she checked the her closet and close-hamper. She says there is no sign of him there. :-b

Bad time for back-up injured RBs to be looking for work. Fischer seemed to look pretty good filling in for Najeh.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby onepunch » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:01 pm

You managed to trade another stiff (Betts) for a decent player (Booker), but Najeh won't be much this year unless Green gets hurt. no one will touch him with his bum shoulder and a plethora of RB's on the market. By the way, Booker will be a 3rd WR behind Chambers and Lexiglass if the rumors are right. Sometimes I think you trade just to trade. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:15 pm

Hopefully the Packers won't end up trading him, he could become the future because Ahman has started his decline.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onepunch » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:19 pm

No way Najeh is the future. He's too injury prone.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:22 pm

Latest News
Dylan B. Tomlinson, of PackersNews.com, reports there has been a good reason why Green Bay Packers restricted free agent RB Najeh Davenport (shoulder) hasn't received much attention on the open market this year. Davenport underwent shoulder surgery Friday, March 11, to repair an injury suffered the season. "He hurt it during the season and they had to go in there and clean some things up," head coach Mike Sherman said. Sherman added that it would be another eight to ten weeks before Davenport could begin rehab, but the team expects the running back to be ready for training camp this summer. (KFFL)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Return to Football Talk