Offseason Tracker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Offseason Tracker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:14 pm

Will Alexander play another down for the Seahawks? If not why (trade, holdout, signed by other team, ect)?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:13 am

Despite my questioning of your prognasticator skills, I mean c'mon. Ginger Rogers makes it all the way to week 9 before getting placed on IR? Right, and I suppose that the Lions win the SuperBowl. :-b

But seriouosly, and I can't believe this hasn't been asked: Where will Plax end up and what kind of numbers will he put up?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:30 pm

How would you rank these four running backs for next year, and we're talking re-draft...Kevin Jones, Curtis Martin, Rudi Johnson, and Julius Jones? With standard scoring of 10 yards a point, 6 points a touchdown. I'm working on some running back rankings but these are giving me trouble.

1. Kevin Jones
2. Julius Jones
3. Rudi Johnson
4. Curtis Martin

First of all, I'm a huge Kevin Jones fan. With Charles Rogers coming back and (looking into my crystal ball) them drafting Alex Barron, Kevin Jones is set up very nicely to have a top 10 season, without breaking a sweat.

Putting Julius Jones at #2 is a little risky, but he showed amazing talent when he was in the roster last season. I think the loss of Vinny hurts him, but Bledsoe should provide a similar support. Look for JJ to put up very nice numbers, somewhere in the 12-14 RB range.

Rudi Johnson makes for a nice pick up. Look for the Bengals to overuse him via clock management. Rudi is a contract player, so look for the Bengals to utilize him a lot, maybe garnering interest for a trade if they tag him next year.

Nothing against Curtis Martin, but I have been waiting on him far too many years to have his breakout campaign. Now that it's happened, look for him to be nothing more than a solid backup. He has high potential there, but he will go too early in your fantasy draft based purely on last year's numbers.

1. Which QBs will rival Peyton Manning's numbers next year?

2. Who's the better TE in terms of FF: Gates or Gonzalez?

1. Nobody. Peyton Manning's numbers last year were a direct result of a great throwing quarterback, and the transition into a new defensive system in the NFL. Nobody is a better passing quarterback than Manning, and defenses are preparing themselves better for Manning-esque football.

2. Antonio Gates showed me a lot last year, one of which, he isn't Tony Gonzalez. Antonio Gates, at best, will compete with Tony Gonzalez. There is a chance Gates could outperform, but Gonzo has been elite for years now. I saw no sign last year of him slowing down.

Will Alexander play another down for the Seahawks? If not why (trade, holdout, signed by other team, ect)?

Shawn Alexander will play in Seattle next season. With the running back market so high, I don't think a hold out will do him any good. Shan will want to look as good as he can. Unless he gets traded to the Cardinals before the draft (which I obviously don't see happening), he is staying in Seattle.

Where will Plax end up and what kind of numbers will he put up?

The New York Giants. My prediction is that he goes into the Giants and they give him the #1 spot (oh, Rosenhaus, how do you do it?) only to lose it to Amani Toomer. Seriously, with the Vikings out of negotiations, where else can he go? His numbers? Expect 850 yards and 7 TDs.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:48 pm

[quote="Bennett4Prez"]Shawn Alexander will play in Seattle next season. With the running back market so high, I don't think a hold out will do him any good. Shan will want to look as good as he can. Unless he gets traded to the Cardinals before the draft (which I obviously don't see happening), he is staying in Seattle.
quote]

Could you look into your crystal ball and figure out how to spell "Shaun Alexander" I think the reason for "SA" is because people don't know if its: Sean, Shawn, Shaun, or B4P's personal favorite: Shan.

Ok, now lets test the prognostication skillz: who will be the 89th pick of the NFL draft???
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:15 pm

who will be the 89th pick of the NFL draft???

The Seattle Seahawks select Larry Brackins, WR (Pearl Rivers Comm. College)
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Crystal Balls

Postby Daddymike59 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:55 am

OK Swamee II.

Who will finish the season @ QB for the Browns?
How many games will they win?
Who will they draft with their first 2 picks?

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:29 pm

Who will finish the season @ QB for the Browns?
How many games will they win?
Who will they draft with their first 2 picks?

1. Cleveland will end the season with Luke McCown. Trent Dilfer should be the starter, but the Browns cannot compete next year with the players they have, so, at season's end, Luke will be the primary starter.

2. The Cleveland Browns will win 4 games. (Chicago, Miami, Bengals sweep).

3. With the first pick, the Browns will select OLB Derrick Johnson. With their second pick, they will select S Brodney Pool.

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk