Bryan Robinson Signed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Bryan Robinson Signed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bryan Robinson Signed

Postby DUKE » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:18 pm

Good signing. After Pat Williams and Jason Ferguson, he was the only noteworthy DL left in FA. His forte is against the run, so he should fit well into our rotation.

Bengals Strengthen Defensive Line
As first reported Saturday on bengals.com, the Bengals have signed former Dolphins defensive lineman Bryan Robinson to a free agent contract it was announced today.

Robinson is the third free agent, and the first from outside the organization, signed by Cincinnati in 2005. Earlier, the Bengals retained two of their own free agents, signing WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who was an unrestricted free agent, and RB Rudi Johnson, who had been scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent before being designated as the team's franchise player.

In 2004, Robinson started 13 games for Miami's No. 8-ranked NFL defense, posting 69 tackles (43 solo). He signed with the Dolphins as a free agent after playing the previous six seasons for Chicago.

He started 16 games for the Bears in 2003. In 2001, he helped take Chicago to the playoffs by leading the team in passes defensed (12) and tying for the team lead in tackles (72). He began his career as a college free agent with St. Louis in 1997 and moved to Chicago in 1998. He has played at both end and tackle during his career.

"We're excited to bring Bryan into our mix in the defensive line," said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. "He has been a productive starting player in the NFL for a number of seasons. He's a solid professional who is going to help us improve our team."
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:18 am

This is a good signing ;-D

Thorton is going to switch sides and its making our line look much better.

Now the question is, all of these mocks still have us going after a DT, with this move, Im not sure what we are going to do here. We still could use the depth and youth, but we are no longer forced to go after another d-linemen.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:46 am

Yeah, I was wondering about the draft too. Knowing coach Lewis, we'll probably have no idea what he's going to do until the pick is made. I could see us moving down and taking Channing Crowder, Thomas Davis, Ernest Shazor or some offensive line help. If Warrick gets released, I could see a Wr. We could still take DL help; maybe a DE like Erasmus James or Marcus Spears. There are a ton of possibilities. I'd love to sign Hartwell or Sharper, move down in the draft, and draft Thomas Davis or Shazor, suring up LB and SS. After that, grab a center, Wr, TE, DL, OL in whatever order their value dictates. (bout time you post in here Flux :-b )
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:04 pm

DUKE wrote:Yeah, I was wondering about the draft too. Knowing coach Lewis, we'll probably have no idea what he's going to do until the pick is made. I could see us moving down and taking Channing Crowder, Thomas Davis, Ernest Shazor or some offensive line help. If Warrick gets released, I could see a Wr. We could still take DL help; maybe a DE like Erasmus James or Marcus Spears. There are a ton of possibilities. I'd love to sign Hartwell or Sharper, move down in the draft, and draft Thomas Davis or Shazor, suring up LB and SS. After that, grab a center, Wr, TE, DL, OL in whatever order their value dictates. (bout time you post in here Flux :-b )

I know you've missed me Duke :-b Ive just been incredibly busy w/ life and possible career changes/additions and whatever the hell else. I make sure to get around to it though ;-D

Speaking of Warrick I just saw this on rotoworld

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis says the team has no intention of releasing Peter Warrick.

With Chad Johnson and T.J. Housmandzadeh ahead of him, and Kelley Washington waiting in the wings, Warrick is a luxury for the Bengals. While he won't be released, there are rumors Cincinnati could look to trade Warrick. His fantasy potential for 2005 is minimal if he stays. Mar. 17 - 11:46 am et

So it looks like we may be set at WR if Warrick is actually healthy.

I also saw a report of Marvin "denying" a 2nd surgery for Perry, so hopefully he will be fine and we wont draft another RB :-o

If we could Sharper or Hartwell, or hell, even Foreman we could pretty much cross LB off our list. Our long-term deal of Rudi should free up some extra room to make it possible for another solid signing (hopefully).

I really would like a solid TE to compliment that offense, but I dont think its worth it to do in the 1st round. OL is always something to keep building as is the D-line.

We have a ton of possibilities now, but Marvin always seems to find a lot of needs later in the draft, so who knows what is going to happen. I really wouldnt mind trading down at this point, as I dont see any of these DL being THAT much better than anyone else and that still may be the way to go
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:25 pm

I saw those too (Marvin on Warrick and the Perry rumor). We must have some similar info outlets B-) ....I'm assuming you also saw where Hartwell and The Bengals had been mentioned on Satelite radio, along with the Seahawks and Falcons (worried that they will beat us out for him). His agent has been quoted as saying that the decision will not be entirely about money. Also, Hartwell on that interview spoke very complimentary about the Bengals.......and the Falcons :-o ...Glad you're back on here Flux...I know you have life etc. to worry about and all, but get your priorities straight, man :-D .
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:26 pm

DUKE wrote:I saw those too (Marvin on Warrick and the Perry rumor). We must have some similar info outlets B-) ....I'm assuming you also saw where Hartwell and The Bengals had been mentioned on Satelite radio, along with the Seahawks and Falcons (worried that they will beat us out for him). His agent has been quoted as saying that the decision will not be entirely about money. Also, Hartwell on that interview spoke very complimentary about the Bengals.......and the Falcons :-o ...Glad you're back on here Flux...I know you have life etc. to worry about and all, but get your priorities straight, man :-D .

haha Im working on the priority thing :-D

Yeah I saw the info on Hartwell. He wants to play for a team that really wants him there and a team where he can be the "man." I guess playing in Ray's shadow finally caught up to him. He would be all of those in CIN just as long as he realizes that its not ALL about him. He would be more than just a welcome addition, he would be a huge difference maker for us.

The big difference about this year and last if FA is that players are finally taking us seriously, and nobody has had anything bad to say about us. Even if they dont sign w/ us, they all have positive things to say.

This is a great step for us. Last year we were able to get a few big names to come see us, but we were going to have to way over pay for them (Sapp ). This year we are getting the people to come in and really think about us and meet w/ us and we still could make a huge impact if we can grab one of those LBs. Next year I think we'll be able to sign the higher end guys if we want and people will be asking to play for us. Things are looking good from our FA point of view
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Cincinnati Bengals