Becht a Buc... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Becht a Buc...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Becht a Buc...

Postby RayVins » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:56 pm

Buccaneers | Becht Agrees to Terms
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:34:38 -0800

PewterReport.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have agreed to terms with free agent TE Anthony Becht (Jets). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:16 pm

Not a bad signing by the Bucs...pretty good one actually. Becht is a pretty solid receiver...you can bank on him for 4 or 5 touchdowns a season. He's also a pretty good blocker too...he's been a big part of CMart's 10 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:24 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Not a bad signing by the Bucs...pretty good one actually. Becht is a pretty solid receiver...you can bank on him for 4 or 5 touchdowns a season. He's also a pretty good blocker too...he's been a big part of CMart's 10 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons.

I'm sorry to say for the buccaneers that Becht is actually a bad receiver. He drops everything that comes his way in the endzone, unless it hits him right in the numbers

pretty good blocker though
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:32 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:Not a bad signing by the Bucs...pretty good one actually. Becht is a pretty solid receiver...you can bank on him for 4 or 5 touchdowns a season. He's also a pretty good blocker too...he's been a big part of CMart's 10 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons.

I'm sorry to say for the buccaneers that Becht is actually a bad receiver. He drops everything that comes his way in the endzone, unless it hits him right in the numbers

The only game I ever saw him live in he had two touchdowns...but you're probably right about that. Funny, the Jets may go after Ken Dilger...
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:49 pm

For crying out loud, so many great FAs were on the market and the Bucs ended up with Becht??? We might as well grab the oldest player from the Raiders and sign him like we did last year. I knew that SuperBowl championship was a fluke!
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:08 pm

Who cares about Becht?

This just makes Jason Baker that much better of an option for late-round TE's next year. I think his chances of being a good fantasy producer just went up by about 100%. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Side Note

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:11 am

Buccaneers ink Becht

The 27-year-old Becht, who has appeared in 78 out of a possible 80 regular- season games, has 133 career receptions for 1,164 yards with 17 touchdowns. Last year, the West Virginia product hauled in 13 balls for 100 yards with a score. (YUK)
Buccaneers ink Becht
Tampa, FL (Sports Network) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tuesday announced the signing of tight end Anthony Becht. As per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

Becht, who had spent his first five campaigns as a starter with the New York Jets, was originally selected with the 27th overall pick in the 2000 NFL Draft. That draft pick originally belonged to Tampa Bay, but it was traded to the Jets along with the 13th overall choice in that round, in exchange for wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson.

Becht is also considered a solid blocker as evidenced by the fact that he was a part of a New York unit that enabled Curtis Martin to rush for over 1,000 yards in four straight seasons, including a league-high 1,697 last year.
I think the solid blocker part is the main reason gruden went after Becht.
Last edited by Daddymike59 on Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:16 am

Anything has to be an improvement over the 90 year old Dilger right?I actually thought Dilger had retired until I saw his name on someones fantasy roster last year.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Becht

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:21 am

Someone had Dilger on his roster? He has one foot in the grave I think. Maybe it's a different Ken Dilger not the one from ATL OAK TB NYG TB ETC ETC.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JimmyChoi » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:20 pm

Yeah..but Baker can't block worth crap....

Mercer Boy wrote:Who cares about Becht?

This just makes Jason Baker that much better of an option for late-round TE's next year. I think his chances of being a good fantasy producer just went up by about 100%. ;-D
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk