Pace going to the Texans? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pace going to the Texans?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:42 pm

I feel sick. We could lose Pace and gamble in the first round. Our O-line is already a problem WITH pace. Bulger will look like Carr his rookie year. Not good.... On the bright side, the Texans will be fun to watch and DD and AJ and even Carr would be upgraded significantly.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:47 pm

The other big question if Pace leaves is what does this do to Jackson's fantasy value? How much will it drop?
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:50 pm

J2thez929 wrote:The other big question if Pace leaves is what does this do to Jackson's fantasy value? How much will it drop?

I wouldn't have taken Jackson any higher than the fourth round this year anyway. As long as the Rams find a respectable replacement, or upgrade slightly at a couple different positions along the line, I would still be confident taking him there. He is young, and has tons of upside, but this move could drop him from late 3rd to mid 4th, or low to late 4th.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:00 pm

This would be huge for every player on that Texans offense if it goes through. I believe Domanick Davis already had the talent though...this will only help him more. Just as long as those fumbles don't become a problem.

Nice move for Houston if they pull it off. ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Azrael wrote:This might turn DD into Marshall Faulk.

I like the way you put that AZ. Makes me all gitty inside.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:31 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:This would be huge for every player on that Texans offense if it goes through. I believe Domanick Davis already had the talent though...this will only help him more. Just as long as those fumbles don't become a problem.

Nice move for Houston if they pull it off. ;-D

He solved the fumble issue last season. i think it was Game 1 and 3 in '04 he had 2 fumbles in each game(4 fumbles).

He had Zero fumbles or lost fumbles the rest of the season. ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelyeri » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:49 pm

If this goes through it would be a nice move for the Texans. They seem to be well run organization so far. They have shown progression every year of their existence.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pdub » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:51 pm

yeah this is big.

now i've got to wonder: SA in miami (if he leaves) or DD with Pace as my keeper?
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:44 pm

pdub wrote:yeah this is big.

now i've got to wonder: SA in miami (if he leaves) or DD with Pace as my keeper?

nice little dilema
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:29 pm

Why the hell would we trade one of the best OL in the game when our line is in shambles already? :-#

I despise Pace, the guy has been a cancer year-after-year. But as I've said before, we are no position to lose him. I thought with the Postons no longer with him, he'd be able to work some type of deal that was beneficial to all. I still think we can have a pretty good draft from our pick, scoop Brown in the 1st, a solid CB in the 2nd, and some nice players to help on defense to round out the draft.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk