Pace going to the Texans? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Pace going to the Texans?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:46 pm

Azrael wrote:This might turn DD into Marshall Faulk.


Maybe if DD actually had real talent he could emulate Marshall Faulk's success. Sorry, but a 4.0 ypc rusher that can catch passes will never be even remotely similar to Faulk in my book.

If anything, Pace signing will Houston will give Carr enough time to actually make it to his 2nd read before dumping the ball off to DD, decreasing his reception totals.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:49 pm

I had DD last year. He started off hot (with the exception of the fumbles) then cooled down and then finished off strong. The only issue here is his health since he's an undersized back. Is DD now worthy of being a 1st tier RB (along with LT, Holmes, etc.)?
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1466
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:54 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Azrael wrote:This might turn DD into Marshall Faulk.


Maybe if DD actually had real talent he could emulate Marshall Faulk's success. Sorry, but a 4.0 ypc rusher that can catch passes will never be even remotely similar to Faulk in my book.

If anything, Pace signing will Houston will give Carr enough time to actually make it to his 2nd read before dumping the ball off to DD, decreasing his reception totals.


At what amount of yards per carry do we consider a back adequate,or even good?I think 4.0 is not too bad considering the line in Houston.Besides,theoretically you give the ball to a guy 3 times and he gets 4.0 3 times it's 12 yards,more than enough to move the chains.I understand it doesn't work that way,but you can see that 4.0 increase next season with some effort in front of him.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:05 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Azrael wrote:This might turn DD into Marshall Faulk.


Maybe if DD actually had real talent he could emulate Marshall Faulk's success. Sorry, but a 4.0 ypc rusher that can catch passes will never be even remotely similar to Faulk in my book.

If anything, Pace signing will Houston will give Carr enough time to actually make it to his 2nd read before dumping the ball off to DD, decreasing his reception totals.


At what amount of yards per carry do we consider a back adequate,or even good?I think 4.0 is not too bad considering the line in Houston.Besides,theoretically you give the ball to a guy 3 times and he gets 4.0 3 times it's 12 yards,more than enough to move the chains.I understand it doesn't work that way,but you can see that 4.0 increase next season with some effort in front of him.


4.0 is not bad at all, obviously it's good enough for a featured RB to be productive in the NFL. On the other hand, when you start comparing these 4.0 productive featured backs to future HOF locks like Marshall Faulk I take issue...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigGAME101 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:15 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Azrael wrote:This might turn DD into Marshall Faulk.


Maybe if DD actually had real talent he could emulate Marshall Faulk's success. Sorry, but a 4.0 ypc rusher that can catch passes will never be even remotely similar to Faulk in my book.

If anything, Pace signing will Houston will give Carr enough time to actually make it to his 2nd read before dumping the ball off to DD, decreasing his reception totals.


At what amount of yards per carry do we consider a back adequate,or even good?I think 4.0 is not too bad considering the line in Houston.Besides,theoretically you give the ball to a guy 3 times and he gets 4.0 3 times it's 12 yards,more than enough to move the chains.I understand it doesn't work that way,but you can see that 4.0 increase next season with some effort in front of him.


4.0 is not bad at all, obviously it's good enough for a featured RB to be productive in the NFL. On the other hand, when you start comparing these 4.0 productive featured backs to future HOF locks like Marshall Faulk I take issue...


I agree here, but at the same time, I think the main point was how much of a dual threat DD will be, and that he may be able to replicate Marshall's numbers in a similar way... probably won't have the same career success due to less talent, but the potential for him to succeed is there, and comparing his and Faulk's situations (during his great years in STL) - which appear very similar IMO - are what make DD so attractive if this deal went through.
Image

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 544
Joined: 4 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who gives a shi...

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:42 am

NICE ANSWER BigGame101 ^^^^^^Absolutely. There is no need to grill Azreals response about DD being a faulk-type back. We all know he is NOT MFAULK. Meaning a #2 back in your offense. :-D

Seriously he is a legitamate Run-N-catch RB.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3890
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flos Scandelos

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:46 am

It looks like the point is moot.Pace will be blocking for Marshall,not a Marshall wannabe.



Rams: Pace close to signing seven-year deal

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, March 16, 2005

News
Rams' offensive tackle Orlando Pace spent Monday attempting to facilitate a trade with the Texans. On Tuesday, he was back at the bargaining table with the Rams and appears to be on the verge of signing a long-term deal that will keep him in St. Louis. The Rams have increased their offer to a seven-year, $52.8 million deal, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Pace is expected to ink the deal on Wednesday.

Views
It's hard to say whether the Rams actually considered dealing Pace, as it might have been a negotiating tactic. Pace will be paid in the same ballpark as Seahawks' offensive tackle Walter Jones and Ravens' offensive tackle Jonathan Ogden. The Rams gave up 50 sacks last season, so signing their top offensive lineman to a long-term deal was a good move on their part.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:59 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact