FS Roy Williams considering position change. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FS Roy Williams considering position change.

Moderator: Football Moderators

FS Roy Williams considering position change.

Postby RayVins » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:15 am

...to strong safety.

Cowboys | Interested in Moving R. Williams to SS
The Dallas Cowboys would like to move FS Roy Williams to strong safety next season in order to allow him to play closer to the line of scrimmage, reports Nick Eatman of DallasCowboys.com. Before the Cowboys can make the move, however, they must first find a replacement for retired S Darren Woodson.

Cowboys | Interested in Jaguars' Darius?
Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys have been rumored to have interest in Jacksonville Jaguars SS Donovin Darius. As the Jaguars' franchise player, Darius is scheduled to make approximately $5 million next season. He has been granted permission to seek a trade.

this would make for an interesting cowboy secondary next year... although if roy willaims switched to SS, he'd only be the second best in the NFL...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:23 am

dude, theres no need to make misleading posts. A thread title should pretty much tell you whats inside. but moving on..

I think this would take away from Roy. Im not a football genius, but isnt free safety more of an impact position than strong safety?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:34 am

portisfan24 wrote:dude, theres no need to make misleading posts. A thread title should pretty much tell you whats inside. but moving on..

I think this would take away from Roy. Im not a football genius, but isnt free safety more of an impact position than strong safety?

Agreed... Ray Ray you bastard... :-#

This was already planned out though. But in truth, there is absolutely no difference between FS and SS in Dallas D football... both safeties play both sides. He'll move to wherever, depending on who they grab in FA or the draft.
Last edited by no1cowboysfan on Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:37 am

portisfan24 wrote:dude, theres no need to make misleading posts. A thread title should pretty much tell you whats inside. but moving on..

just look at the impact SS in the league:
-ed reed
-donovan darius
-troy polomalu
-laywer milloy
-rodney harrison
-mike minter
-corey chavous
-darren woodson (well not anymore)
-dwight smith
-michael lewis

now the good FS:
-roy williams
-darren sharper
-brian dawkins
...and thats it.

so simply by how many good safeities are at each position you can see SS is more of an impact position...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:38 am

ahh much better.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:40 am

awwchrist wrote:ahh much better.

wow... you enjoy that wayyy too much...
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Manja » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:18 am

Strong Safety will allow him to blitz more. Free Safety is usual the one the coverage safety.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:16 am

RayVins wrote:

-ed reed
-donovan darius
-troy polomalu
-laywer milloy
-rodney harrison
-mike minter
-corey chavous
-dwight smith
-michael lewis

now the good FS:
-roy williams
-darren sharper
-brian dawkins
...and thats it.

so simply by how many good safeities are at each position you can see SS is more of an impact position...

Uh, talk about making a list to show only your point, you listed only the stud FS's and any half decent SS's.

So you count guys like Smith, Lewis, Chavous, Minter, and Darius for SS's but not guys like Mike Brown, Rod Woodson, Aeneas Williams, Eugene Wilson, Sean Taylor, Lance Shulters, etc at FS?

I don't necessarily disagree with you that SS is more of an impact position, but c'mon let's be reallistic here.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby RayVins » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:26 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
RayVins wrote:

-ed reed
-donovan darius
-troy polomalu
-laywer milloy
-rodney harrison
-mike minter
-corey chavous
-dwight smith
-michael lewis

now the good FS:
-roy williams
-darren sharper
-brian dawkins
...and thats it.

Uh, talk about making a list to show only your point, you listed only the stud FS's and any half decent SS's.

So you count guys like Smith, Lewis, Chavous, Minter, and Darius for SS's but not guys like Mike Brown, Rod Woodson, Aeneas Williams, Eugene Wilson, Sean Taylor, Lance Shulters, etc at FS?

I don't necessarily disagree with you that SS is more of an impact position, but c'mon let's be reallistic here.

yeah i did forget a few, but the big stars at safety are SS.

eugene wilson isnt that good, sean taylor hasnt proven himself, woodson hasnt played in a long time...

sorry i forgot mike brown because he was out all year. and lance shulters? wow...

i think the point still stands...
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:48 pm

Sean Taylor is a Free Safety, 89 tackles (62 solo & 1 sack), 4 Int's. 2 forced fumbles in his ROOKIE year. I think he proved himself pretty darn well. He very well could end up being the best in the NFL. I also don't belive the Skins missed Champ any either. :-)
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk