The new NFL Draft Countdown mock... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The new NFL Draft Countdown mock...

Moderator: Football Moderators

The new NFL Draft Countdown mock...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:40 am

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I usually love this site and its info, but c'mon... there are some real stretches in this mock.

Dallas choosing Shawne Merriman when Derrick Johnson is still available? Suuuure...

Ruud in the first round? Don't think so...

Williamson in the top 10? Kind of a stretch.

I agree with the top 5 picks (again, my mock will be out soon... whenever I stop pulling hair out of my head with all of this HW. Hopefully by this week or next), but after that... eh. I still think Rolle is the #1 CB in the draft.

but still... not as bad as some of the other (cough EPSN cough) mocks I've seen this year.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:44 am

Stretches?

Wiliamson in the top 10?
DJ out of the top 10?

Also, every report I've read after the combine has Fason moving his draft stock up. Why does he fall to the third round?

Why does Denver forfeit it's third round selection?
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:12 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:Why does Denver forfeit it's third round selection?

I believe its because of something they did, either improper conduct during scouting, or going over their cap to keep players, its a league penalty on them for bad behavior essentially.

I cant speak in depth about many teams, but my god their picks and reasons for them for the Eagles were laughable.

Using the first 2 picks on LBs when backup RB and #2 WR are the most glaring holes on the offense. Heck, right now, a TE is much more needed. Waiting until the 3rd round to address the WR problem, yeah I'm sure that happens. Best one had to be using a 3rd rounder or a CB to rebuild some of the depth from losing Vincent and Taylor. I guess these guys missed last years draft which included Matt Ware, JR Reed, and Dexter Wynn.

I give them credit for doing a mock draft beyond the first round, but its a bad mock.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:56 pm

ok this just raised my hopes like 8 notches... if the chargers get derrick johnson, you can officially put them down as a legit contender for the next few years (as long as brees stays)

if that actually happens on draft day, you can all bet i will go absolutely nuts, itll be insane
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:03 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:ok this just raised my hopes like 8 notches... if the chargers get derrick johnson, you can officially put them down as a legit contender for the next few years (as long as brees stays)

if that actually happens on draft day, you can all bet i will go absolutely nuts, itll be insane

no way this will happen.

Or at least if it does... meaning the Cowboys pass on DJ... then I am going hunting for JJ's... perhaps with a side of Tuna :-#

Won't happen though, so I'll have to put my rampant murderous impulses somewhere else.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:28 pm

dear god bears...DO NOT DRAFT A RUNNING BACK!
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:52 pm

This site just dropped a few notches in my eyes...their mocks are usually better than this. Come on, Merriman over DJ? Pac-Man over Antrel? Williamson at 9? And why would the Houston Texans draft Alex Barron, after just getting Orlando Pace?

And I'm not sure if we're still going to be drafting Thomas Davis, especially after nabbing Dwight Smith. If we can get a linebacker in place of Darren Howard, I'd be happy to see us take Erasmus James at 16.

And is it just me or is that way too early for JJ Arrington? At least with some of the other backs still on the board...
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:10 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:And why would the Houston Texans draft Alex Barron, after just getting Orlando Pace?

Spoke too soon. Pace just signed a 7 year deal with the Rams.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:15 pm

The thing I don't get (from a 'Boys fan) is that they could have drafted Derrick Johnson with the first pick and then draft Dan Cody, 'a similar player' with the 20 pick. That would make more sense to me.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:57 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:And why would the Houston Texans draft Alex Barron, after just getting Orlando Pace?

Spoke too soon. Pace just signed a 7 year deal with the Rams.

Ah...true true. Happened around 10 minutes before my post though.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Football Talk