WM Green Gone from Cleve? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WM Green Gone from Cleve?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:21 am

So that makes Tim Couch, Coutney Brown and William Green (suspected) all cut? Nice drafting Butch!
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:44 am

deluxe_247 wrote:man i didnt need to see this. i have really been feeling good lately about suggs for next year :-o i still think he is a more talented back than chester. looks like im gonna have to hope we get ourselves another rb in balt...im not sold on musa.

Ok i am going to first person to mention this on this thread. Even though we all know about it. DID YOU SEE HIS STATS FOR THE LAST 3 GAMES (suggs) 143-112-105 yards per game.Awesome and some TDs. Early in the season he looked real good. Until Coach Butch put Green back in the starting slot. For whatever ridiculous reason.

I think Suggs will win the position. Because of the Browns recent RBBC history. No way will they do that to themselves again. And Romy saw how effective it is to have a single RB in an offensive system. Albeit that RB was Dillon last season in NEW England.

Now that i think about it. How many teams with RBBC actually had Great offensive seasons last year. Both teams in the Super Bowl had one sure fire everydown back. All four teams in the championship games had One-solid every down rb.Pittsburgh was using Da Bus. Atlanta had the three headed monster Vick-Dunn-Duckett( this offense is an exception to the rule, Its an anamoly like Neo in the Matrix). The only other team in the playoffs with RBBC was the Vikes. And that offense was completely unstable in the backfield. And the Colt had Edge.

So basically you can say using RBBC "generally"(key word) does not bode well for successful teams.

The Bucs who won the championship some years back(wow, seemed like yesterday) used Pittman-Alstott. And somebody else Stecker. But that doesn't really count.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:50 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:( this offense is an exception to the rule, Its an anamoly like Neo in the Matrix)

:-) nice
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J2thez929 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:04 pm

Suggs will most likely get the starting job but they signed Chester to be a third down/breather fill in who will get more than a yard or two like Green did. Plus, Chester was a good pickup b/c of Sugg's injury concerns
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:59 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:man i didnt need to see this. i have really been feeling good lately about suggs for next year :-o i still think he is a more talented back than chester. looks like im gonna have to hope we get ourselves another rb in balt...im not sold on musa.

Ok i am going to first person to mention this on this thread. Even though we all know about it. DID YOU SEE HIS STATS FOR THE LAST 3 GAMES (suggs) 143-112-105 yards per game.Awesome and some TDs. Early in the season he looked real good. Until Coach Butch put Green back in the starting slot. For whatever ridiculous reason.

Early in the season he looked good? Suggs didn't even play in the first three games! Suggs has a non-repairable spinal injury that puts pressure on his neck that caused him to miss the early portions of '04. There was even talk of his retiring due to the injury. That was the ridiculous reason why Green was starting those games.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:02 pm

Kensat...let me put you in my mind...

When i said early in the season i was referring to Week 4 and into the mid point of the season. I know he was injured. But I remember Butch Davis declaring William Green the starter even after Suggs was available to play. And was still outperforming Willy Green.

Unfortunately the RBBC destroyed both of these guys.

I do not understand Butch Davis's reasoning. Neither did the Front Office. That is why he was fired.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk