NFC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:30 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:we will win 9+ games.

Seems like I've heard that before from Saints fans. Your "tough" division will work again you, and when it gets late in the season, you guys will eventually choke.

Like we did this past season? All it took Haslett was 13 games to realize that we will win if Deuce gets the ball 25 times a game. And he did in each of our last 4 games. Not to mention beating a red hot Carolina team at the top of their game, ready to enter the playoffs. I am not worried at all about next season.

Agreed. Saints are on the rise... and I think Haslett might finally be bringing it together. Sad to say it, but I do like this underdog team. Not by any means a fan, but still...

I think they have a chance to win 9... but not any more.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:13 pm

I am very excited about this years Saints team. They have quietly signed players to contribute on both sides of the ball. This offseason they have been making moves to rid themselves of "potential" players and more playmakers.
People may say Donte Stallworth is a "potential" player, which I totally agree, but he is still young and that is a risk we are willing to take. We still have Joe Horn as our #1 guy, and any contributions by Donte will be a plus. He will remain respected due to his speed.
We rid ourselves of Tesucky and may be getting rid of, if not resturcturing the contracts, Wayne Gandy, and Fred Thomas. We have added Dwight Smith into the mix on the defensive side, and will have a healthy Mike McKenzie to play the whole season. On offense we have added veteren versetaile OL Jermaine Mayberry.
Our offense will be there with Deuce carrying the load, and our defense can only get better, 32nd last year.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:38 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:we will win 9+ games.

Seems like I've heard that before from Saints fans. Your "tough" division will work again you, and when it gets late in the season, you guys will eventually choke.

Like we did this past season? All it took Haslett was 13 games to realize that we will win if Deuce gets the ball 25 times a game. And he did in each of our last 4 games. Not to mention beating a red hot Carolina team at the top of their game, ready to enter the playoffs. I am not worried at all about next season.

well you guys beat a very undermanned carolina team. i see NO hovering around .500 all year with an eventual third place finish in the division.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:37 am

I think we should just rename this thread the "Spout Homerism Thread"

Not that there is anything wrong with that... Go Skins! :-b
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:11 pm

I think the biggest mover in the NFC right now is Minnesota, even after losing Moss. If that defense can come together in some way this offseason and find someone else to put in at WR, they could very well be in contention at the end for the NFC title.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:19 pm

well homer or not, the eagles were so far ahead of the division last year, that it is hard to see how anyone can catch up.

The games might be closer, but I am just not seeing it. All the other teams have made their "moves" -- the eagles still have tons of picks in the draft. They still have another bomb to possibly drop.

The cowboys and giants did get better -- but in terms of how they stack up against the eagles? not seeing it. Eagles are probably 4-2 in division at worst. The thing is, I think the giants are positioning themselves to take over when the eagles start to fade -- which is wise. The cowboys and skins don't seem to get it, and are chasing a team that they won't be able to consistently beat.

The vikes I think did better for themselves. Weird thing is, I think they match up worse with the eagles, but should get more wins out of it.

From the perspective of the eagles, the vikes always scared me because of sudden scoring with moss. Their d might be better, but the thing that kept them in it with the biords was always moss. You had to account for him, thus your d strategy is different.

The nfc west is trash, im sorry. Seahawks should win, but they and the rams are flawed.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk