Bears sign OG Roberto Garza - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Bears sign OG Roberto Garza

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bears sign OG Roberto Garza

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:34 pm

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=7201

They're really building a solid line for Rex and TJ!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2603
Joined: 5 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:54 pm

Honestly, I don't know much about this guy but o-line signings can't really hurt your team much. Bump up T. Jones's stock if this guy is decent ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:56 pm

From reading the Falcons fan board it looks like Garza is a reasonably good lineman, 26 years old, tore ACL in 2003 but looks like he did OK last year. Might turn out to be a good pickup.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

Postby Azrael » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:34 pm

They'll have a pretty decent line if those guys can stay healthy.
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:57 pm

Well he started almost all of this past season for Atlanta, and we all know how well they rushed the ball so he can't be that bad. I'm not sure how well he can stop the pass rush though. Garza probably won't start for Chicago...but he'll be an excellent backup and is capable of taking over if one of their o-lineman goes down. Good signing by Chicago.
Image
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6861
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:44 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Well he started almost all of this past season for Atlanta, and we all know how well they rushed the ball so he can't be that bad. I'm not sure how well he can stop the pass rush though. Garza probably won't start for Chicago...but he'll be an excellent backup and is capable of taking over if one of their o-lineman goes down. Good signing by Chicago.


if the guy started last year for atl, hes a must start for chicago. curiously why would you say he wouldnt?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:00 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:Well he started almost all of this past season for Atlanta, and we all know how well they rushed the ball so he can't be that bad. I'm not sure how well he can stop the pass rush though. Garza probably won't start for Chicago...but he'll be an excellent backup and is capable of taking over if one of their o-lineman goes down. Good signing by Chicago.


if the guy started last year for atl, hes a must start for chicago. curiously why would you say he wouldnt?


Try reading the article, buddy.
Image
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6861
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:22 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:Well he started almost all of this past season for Atlanta, and we all know how well they rushed the ball so he can't be that bad. I'm not sure how well he can stop the pass rush though. Garza probably won't start for Chicago...but he'll be an excellent backup and is capable of taking over if one of their o-lineman goes down. Good signing by Chicago.


if the guy started last year for atl, hes a must start for chicago. curiously why would you say he wouldnt?


Try reading the article, buddy.


the article wont load. was i being rude? i simply asked a question, relax.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby RayVins » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:57 pm

before everyone hypes up CHI new o-line, garza had a deal in place with the ravens to sign and then failed a physical. they said the cartilage in his knee was too weak to support him.

be weary of him, he's prone to get injured again...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-garza19.html
Image
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
Image
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pimpin' Purple Est. 1996

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:10 pm

well he looks like a long shot to have a productive year, but the risk vs reward factor here is very nice for us.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:38 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact