Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onepunch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:20 pm

Is that as high as you can count???
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:28 pm

onepunch wrote:Is that as high as you can count???

truth hurt? i think 5 wins vs that schedule for the pack next year is probably to generous. gonna be a long year for the cheese heads. how many wins do you see for your revamped pack?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onepunch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:55 pm

Split with MN and Det and sweep Chi. That's 4 right there. NO and CLE are almost gimmes at home. They always beat SEA and get them at home. CIN and CAR on the road and that adds up to a 9-7 record. I don't have illuisions of grandeur for this team like most cheeseheads, but 8-8 at the worst. Oh yeah, and Favre needs to go. What's his playoff record the last 7 years or so? Exactly, free up his salary and get some defense. They won the last superbowl on defense and ST's, NOT Favre. He helped, but we could have used Dilfer like Bal did and won it all that year thanks to JAX beating DEN.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:06 pm

onepunch wrote:Split with MN and Det and sweep Chi. That's 4 right there. NO and CLE are almost gimmes at home. They always beat SEA and get them at home. CIN and CAR on the road and that adds up to a 9-7 record. I don't have illuisions of grandeur for this team like most cheeseheads, but 8-8 at the worst. Oh yeah, and Favre needs to go. What's his playoff record the last 7 years or so? Exactly, free up his salary and get some defense. They won the last superbowl on defense and ST's, NOT Favre. He helped, but we could have used Dilfer like Bal did and won it all that year thanks to JAX beating DEN.

i think youre being a homer. and im not trying to be mean about it, but somtimes being a fan can cloud your judgement. id be curious see what outside parties think of this.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onepunch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:20 pm

I think you'll find me less optimistic than most homers. Other "homers" will probably say 10 or 11 wins. I'm just going off of history. We almost always (though we swept last year) split with MN. We ALWAYS sweep Chicago and we usually split and sometimes sweep Det. No homerism there. We always beat SEA and NO and I don't see either of those teams looking that strong next year. I won't even address CLE. We should agree that should be a win. GB took care of Carolina handidly last year BEFORE they had all their injuries (remember the 1st monday night game of the year???) and I don't see Carolina being more improved from where they were that 1st game last year. GB will have better corners, the same offense (don't get me started on the guard situation. If there was ever a non-factor, that is one). Safeties are replaceable and should be equal if not slightly improved. They haven't rounded out their defense in f/a'y and draft picks. No, I don't think you are being mean, I just don't see the "homerism" when it's layed out to you as such. 4 division and 4 out of division wins doesn't scream homerism, does it???
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onepunch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:21 pm

somtimes being a fan can cloud your judgement

AGREED!!!
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chaindog35 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:21 pm

i gotta think the packesr win 7-8 at least. more likely 9
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby onepunch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:22 pm

Ah yes, great minds think alike!!!!
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bottled Aggression » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:12 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
onepunch wrote:2005 Green Bay Packers Opponents

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/stat/05gbopp.asp

i count 5 wins.

2 of those vs. Da Bears lol jk
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ravage » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:17 pm

I'm a Packer fan and I agree with chaindog, 5 wins.

Minnesota has improved their defense to the point where I don't see the Packers beating them at all.
I'll agree with a split with Detroit but see a split with the Bears too. Their defense will only get better with Lovie in control.
Win against NO.
They've never been able to handle Vick.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt with one win against either TB or Car. I don't believe they'll win both.
Win against Cleveland.
No way they get a win against Pit, Balt, or Phil.
Cincy maybe they could get them at home but I doubt even that, a loss in Cincy though.
If the Seahawks still have Alexander that's a loss too.

So 5 wins. Unless all of sudden we come up with some defensive players.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk