Green Bays 2005 schedule - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Green Bays 2005 schedule

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bottled Aggression » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:17 pm

I think the Packers win at home vs: CHI, DET, MIN, NO, TB, SEA, CLE. and away : CIN, CHI

Thats 9 wins. Could be a few more or a few less. I am definitely not a Packer homer.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:32 pm

the bears split with the pack last year and are going to be a hugely improved team. with addition of moose, o-linehelp, mike brown and our draft i dont understand how you guys see them sweeping us, especially since the pack has done nothing but subtract!
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:33 pm

yeah, unfortunately the pack will beat us once. Sure our D is improving, but you gotta remember one thing. Mike Tice is still our coach :-o

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby onepunch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:40 pm

Over the last 10 years I believe, without looking it up this second, that GB has won 17 or 18 of the last 20 against Chicago. I don't think it is going too far out on a limb to predict another sweep. Last years win IN GB is the proverbial "even a blind squirrel can find a nut occasionally". A fluke run back of a fumble for a TD and one of the few weeks GB couldn't get its offense going. You really think Chi was GB's equal last year because they split? Get real. Chicago has to improve this year, because there is no where to go but up after last years miserable showing, ha ha!!! Dam_, I'm a funny guy!!!!!!!!!
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:52 pm

onepunch wrote:Chicago has to improve this year

well yea i just stated how they have and how green bay has done the opposite.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onepunch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:28 pm

I'm not looking to goad you Miner dude. I can see how people think GB has taken a couple (or a few) steps backwards. I think GB realizes they needed to endure a few tough cuts in order to remain competitive. No way was Wahle worth eleven million dollars. Sharper, although playing on one leg last year, hasn't shown enough to warrant the eight million or nine million he was due this year. Rivera is looking like a very prudent cut since he just had back surgery a couple days after Dallas signed him. Hannibal Navies is pedestrian at best and wasn't worth the $$$ he was owed either. Look for GB to load up on defense in the draft (no way do they draft a QB in the 1st round) and get some cap casualties in July to fill out the roster. Guards and safeties are EXTREMELY replaceable. GB hasn't gone forward roster-wise, but financially they have the 11th most money to play with (7 million plus) and have some nice picks to play with to round out the roster. Now that Sherman isn't the GM, I think you'll see better talent on the roster through better drafting and f/a signings (no more Joe Johnson type contracts). I hate to say it, but MN is the team to watch out for. For the umpteenth time it will come down to GB and MN for the division with DET around 7 wins and the Bears bringing it up the rear with 5 or 6 wins tops. Now 2006, that could be a changing of the guard.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:50 pm

The Packers will win very few games next year - their defense is already one of the worst in the league and hasn't gotten any better in the offseason.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:58 pm

onepunch wrote:CIN and CAR on the road and that adds up to a 9-7 record.

I disagree. Neither of those two teams are cakewalks on the road...and your only reason why is because you beat them this past season? By next season both of those teams will have gotten better, while the Pack has only gotten worse. Minnesota should win that division next year.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:03 pm

im scared fro GB fans next year....they might be in some serious trouble. im actually thinkin the lions have a shot at the division title next year. that may be bold....but they have the talent. either way it will be lions and vikings battling for first and GB and the bears battling for worst.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:27 pm

While the effect of the loss of Moss remains to be seen, the significant upgrades Minnesota made to their defense in the off-season makes them the runaway favorite in their division, imo.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk