Ricky Williams Rumour - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams Rumour

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onepunch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:14 pm

Just saw this was your 1st post Justin. Welcome. Funny, I thought of starting a band a few years ago and thought of that ) Justin Case) as the name. A few years later I read that Steven Tyler (yes, THAT Steven Tyler) named his first band or one of his bands before Aerosmith -Justin Time. I may think like him occasionally. I can even sing sort of like him, but I sure don't have his talent. Anyway, welcome.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justin_Case » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:29 pm

onepunch wrote:Just saw this was your 1st post Justin. Welcome. Funny, I thought of starting a band a few years ago and thought of that ) Justin Case) as the name. A few years later I read that Steven Tyler (yes, THAT Steven Tyler) named his first band or one of his bands before Aerosmith -Justin Time. I may think like him occasionally. I can even sing sort of like him, but I sure don't have his talent. Anyway, welcome.

No problem.

Actually this isn't my first post, it is around 125 (still not that many) but for some reason when I logged in it didn't keep my profile updated... I think it is doing it again for this post, don't know why.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the name too. I had it as a nickname for awhile... and then saw some cheesy pop band with it... which kinda hurt.
Justin_Case
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:38 pm

Justin_Case wrote:
onepunch wrote:Just saw this was your 1st post Justin. Welcome. Funny, I thought of starting a band a few years ago and thought of that ) Justin Case) as the name. A few years later I read that Steven Tyler (yes, THAT Steven Tyler) named his first band or one of his bands before Aerosmith -Justin Time. I may think like him occasionally. I can even sing sort of like him, but I sure don't have his talent. Anyway, welcome.

No problem.

Actually this isn't my first post, it is around 125 (still not that many) but for some reason when I logged in it didn't keep my profile updated... I think it is doing it again for this post, don't know why.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the name too. I had it as a nickname for awhile... and then saw some cheesy pop band with it... which kinda hurt.

if you PM one of the mods im sure they could help you out with the posts.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:43 pm

TaturCity34 wrote:I heard on ESPN radio that Ricky is in India and dropped 25 pounds.

At least he's has some world travel.

Hmm, I would have thought he would be jonesing for lots of munchies with all that tokin'
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby s0meguy » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:54 pm

If he came back, I doubt he would have any of the talent he showed in previous seasons. Spend a year doing nothing but smoking pot in foriegn countries, and your physical shape as well as football skills are going to take a huge hit.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Daddymike59 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:30 am

TaturCity34 wrote:I heard on ESPN radio that Ricky is in India and dropped 25 pounds.

wonder what a pound goes for in India?

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tyr » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:49 am

Or improve.

Who's to say that he hasn't kept up with his physical conditioning and training.. and frankly, getting the hell out of the Phins for a year could only do him good from my perspective. Keep in mind they fed him a staggering 383 carries in 02 and 392 carries in 03 - with a total of 430 all-purpose touches in 02, and 442 in 03. He also played every game in both seasons for Miami.

While everyone looks at his year off as a marijuana tinted adventure (and to an extent I agree..), I think his year long break - even if it was a drugs, sex, and munchies filled vacation - would be more healthy than a third ~450 touch season would have left him in 04-5. I mean he has great stamina and all, but how many more games would it take for him to end up so fatigued that injury would almost certainly become a factor? Even as 2003-4 went along, Ricky's fatigue was apparent to anyone that has watched the games.

If he's clean, and works hard to get into prime condition during the off and pre-seasons, I think he'll be a far more efficient player than he was in 2k3 for any team that he signs on with.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Daddymike59 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:06 am

Tyr wrote:Or improve.

Who's to say that he hasn't kept up with his physical conditioning and training.. and frankly, getting the hell out of the Phins for a year could only do him good from my perspective. Keep in mind they fed him a staggering 383 carries in 02 and 392 carries in 03 - with a total of 430 all-purpose touches in 02, and 442 in 03. He also played every game in both seasons for Miami.

While everyone looks at his year off as a marijuana tinted adventure (and to an extent I agree..), I think his year long break - even if it was a drugs, sex, and munchies filled vacation - would be more healthy than a third ~450 touch season would have left him in 04-5. I mean he has great stamina and all, but how many more games would it take for him to end up so fatigued that injury would almost certainly become a factor? Even as 2003-4 went along, Ricky's fatigue was apparent to anyone that has watched the games.

If he's clean, and works hard to get into prime condition during the off and pre-seasons, I think he'll be a far more efficient player than he was in 2k3 for any team that he signs on with.

I can't believe you honestly think the man was on a training sabbatical. He's a 2 time loser. Probably can still tote the rock but he doesn't deserve the opportunity IMO

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MCG321 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:50 am

Daddymike59 wrote:

:-b :-b :-b
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:55 am

MCG321 wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:

:-b :-b :-b

These days, approximately 84 rupees per British Pound Sterling...

So 25 pounds is worth about 2,092 rupees...and who knows how much hemp. :-b ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk