Ricky Williams Rumour - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams Rumour

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tyr » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:01 am

I can't believe you honestly think the man was on a training sabbatical. He's a 2 time loser. Probably can still tote the rock but he doesn't deserve the opportunity IMO

I didn't say he was on concentrating solely on training.. but once you start working out, it's a hard habit to let down. I'm sure he let himself go a bit when he first retired.. but I'm sure the minute he decided to try and come back he started building himself back up.

Regarding whether he deserves the opportunity or not.. I assume you don't think an alleged murderer is more deserving of a multi-million dollar contract and play time than someone with a completely harmless habit. If you do, your statement enters the "null and void" category in my book.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:11 pm

Going to India and losing 25 pounds isn't anything special.

The food gave me the green apple splatters for weeks.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:27 pm

awwchrist wrote:Going to India and losing 25 pounds isn't anything special.

The food gave me the green apple splatters for weeks.

maybe a little too much info aww, but hilarious nonetheless.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:25 pm

awwchrist wrote:the green apple splatters

Green Apple Splatters!!?
Sounds like a movie. :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:38 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
MCG321 wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:
TaturCity34 wrote:I heard on ESPN radio that Ricky is in India and dropped 25 pounds.

At least he's has some world travel.

wonder what a pound goes for in India?

:-b :-b :-b

These days, approximately 84 rupees per British Pound Sterling...

So 25 pounds is worth about 2,092 rupees...and who knows how much hemp. :-b ;-D

alright youre just throwing in a zelda refrence here right??? because if india really uses rupees thats awsome.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:49 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
MCG321 wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:
TaturCity34 wrote:I heard on ESPN radio that Ricky is in India and dropped 25 pounds.

alright youre just throwing in a zelda refrence here right??? because if india really uses rupees thats awsome.

Yes, the official currency of India is the "rupee." Zelda got it from them, not vice versa. :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:56 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
MCG321 wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:

Yes, the official currency of India is the "rupee." Zelda got it from them, not vice versa. :-b

so indians are actually running around paying each other in different colored jewels that they find in bushes and jars??? man i gotta get to india! ;-D
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MCG321 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:52 pm

Tyr wrote:
I can't believe you honestly think the man was on a training sabbatical. He's a 2 time loser. Probably can still tote the rock but he doesn't deserve the opportunity IMO

I didn't say he was on concentrating solely on training.. but once you start working out, it's a hard habit to let down. I'm sure he let himself go a bit when he first retired.. but I'm sure the minute he decided to try and come back he started building himself back up.

Regarding whether he deserves the opportunity or not.. I assume you don't think an alleged murderer is more deserving of a multi-million dollar contract and play time than someone with a completely harmless habit. If you do, your statement enters the "null and void" category in my book.

Smoking marijuana makes it a lot easier to let go of hobbies or activities that you used to love...I'm sure Ricky would rather smoke a joint than go lift weights. Anyway, would he really have much time to train while he was traveling to all these random countries with Lenny Kravitz and Co.?
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:38 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:i have no idea how dolphins managment would be able to slip williams back onto the team. i remember all of the jabs jason taylor took at him over the past year so im sure there are harsh feelings about him all over that team. if i was a player with any type of pull on that team i would do everything i could to make sure he doesnt make the team.

How's this for a theory?They re-sign him dirt cheap and then trade him away for say,draft picks and possibly a player?Sounds like a good plan to me....now who is desperate enough for a RB?Maybe Arizona?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:32 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:i have no idea how dolphins managment would be able to slip williams back onto the team. i remember all of the jabs jason taylor took at him over the past year so im sure there are harsh feelings about him all over that team. if i was a player with any type of pull on that team i would do everything i could to make sure he doesnt make the team.

How's this for a theory?They re-sign him dirt cheap and then trade him away for say,draft picks and possibly a player?Sounds like a good plan to me....now who is desperate enough for a RB?Maybe Arizona?

I dont think they could trade him for much. He has a ton of bad history, is one failed test away from a year long suspension, and is already looking at a 4 game suspension. They should be happy to get anything for him.

Although TB may be another team to throw out there. Gruden loves the trouble makers
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk