Ravens Match Browns Offer to Taylor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ravens Match Browns Offer to Taylor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:38 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Looks like A-train or possibly Fason from the draft will become more of a possibility ;-D

I think you would be very happy with Anthony Thomas.IMO he will surprise alot of people just given the chance.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:40 pm

Nilmerf wrote:What's wrong with Lee Suggs anyways?

Nothing, IMO. Just injury concerns seem like the only thing holding him back now. We are just looking for a competant backup incase he goes down again
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:48 pm

yeah, i think the browns need someone besides suggs if they want to go to the next level. but they could draft a good backup in the 3rd rd
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:09 pm

Looks like Suggs owners can breathe a little easier again for the time being.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:33 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:Looks like A-train or possibly Fason from the draft will become more of a possibility ;-D

I think you would be very happy with Anthony Thomas.IMO he will surprise alot of people just given the chance.

I always liked him. For some reason he got a bad rap in Chicago. I don't know what else people wanted out of the guy.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:44 am

Chestor Taylor filled in so well for Jamal last season, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a saavy business maneuver by Phil Savage. Perhaps Savage knew as a Raven's insider that any price would be matched for Taylor because he is that important to the team and their draft strategy.

I mean, not any backup RB can rack up three 100 yard games when he's forced to come in and start. Musa Smith may not be ready to be that guy in 2005, he may not even be fully healed from his broken leg last year. I'm guessing the Raven's don't want to drop a first day draft pick on a RB when Jamal Lewis is only going to be 26 in the coming season and since they grabbed Musa early last year as well. Chestor Taylor is an insurance policy that they know will produce and are very familiar and comfortable with.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk