Henry prepared to Sit. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry prepared to Sit.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:48 am

He did not really help himself by demanding that Arizona pay him big money instead of honoring his current contract.

And he wonders why he has not been traded yet :-?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:25 am

cooleyhigh wrote:He did not really help himself by demanding that Arizona pay him big money instead of honoring his current contract.

And he wonders why he has not been traded yet :-?

Yeah. Everyone wants guaranteed money, but, if he really wants to play he needs Arizona more than Arizona needs him.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:04 am

I think it was more Zona didn't want him. And why would they, they can have a good rook in the 2nd or 3rd rd of the draft.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:53 am

chaindog35 wrote:I think it was more Zona didn't want him. And why would they, they can have a good rook in the 2nd or 3rd rd of the draft.

I agree there...they still have Shipp who might do okay, and they could draft a RB for reserve. Why waste draft picks on someone who may have the same abilities as someone already there?

Besides, we all know Denny wants to pass anyway. ;-7
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:56 am

This is starting to look like the A-Train deal...except Thomas kept his mouth shut and played.You can't blame Henry for spouting off about $$$,seeing how A-train had a similar situation,was drafted higher,didn't make a stink and still doesn't have a deal.Henry likely knows he is going to get lowballed,so getting a trade with a multi-year deal might be the best way to go about it.Then again,who wants to give a multi-year deal to a guy who is in the process of proving he won't honor his end of the deal?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Flux » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:37 am

The Henry and ARI trade didnt go through b/c Henry wanted a long-term deal and ARI was not prepared to give him that. They wanted him to play the last year of his contract (which is dirt cheap) and if he were to prove himself worthy, they would offer him an extension. Henry refused this, and therefore the deal fell through.

I dont know why Henry wouldnt want to do that...well at least now. I assume he thought there was a lot of interest out there for him and wanted the long-term deal. Now getting out of BUF at any price looks pretty good. Why not just go to ARI, PROVE you can play and then get paid big next year in FA. I would be scared if I was ARI to guarantee a ton of money to a player who has been hurt 2 consecutive years. Sure he toughed it out and showed a ton of heart, but he still was getting hurt.

'Zona now seems content to draft a RB in the draft, and Ive even read rumors that they may try and trade up to guarantee they get one of the Auburn boys
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:00 pm

Henry seems to be blaming it on Buffalo but I think he's pissed because teams there are only a few teams that need RB help and they all seem content to draft one who is 4 or 5 years younger who they can pay less who can potentially be much better than Henry. Now that's not too smart is it. ;-7

I hope his ass sits out the whole year. Then I don't have to worry at all about McGahee if he gets hurt.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby MadScott » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:46 pm

I can see the classified ad now:

For Sale, RB, low stature, low miles, big chip. Will accept sack of wet hair in return. Thanks for your interest.

I really hate to see when contract disputes end up like this. Eventually, neither party really gets what they want. Henry should come in motivated, play his arse off and force the Bills' hand this way.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:19 pm

ljthockey wrote:Arghh.... There goes a wasted draft pick in dynasty. :-t But I still have hope maybe he'll land somewhere.

Haha, man along with that Perry pick you are sure getting raped in the National Freaks league.

Great news for me though...I own Willis in two leagues, one keeper. What a waste of talent though...Henry has a ton of it.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:21 pm

MadScott wrote:I can see the classified ad now:

For Sale, RB, low stature, low miles, big chip. Will accept sack of wet hair in return. Thanks for your interest.

I really hate to see when contract disputes end up like this. Eventually, neither party really gets what they want. Henry should come in motivated, play his arse off and force the Bills' hand this way.

i love comedy. will accept sack of wet hair in return :-B
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk