Henry prepared to Sit. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry prepared to Sit.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:46 pm

Why are you guys knocking on Henry? he kept his mouth shut and was extremely professional while McGahee was stealing his job. He knew creating a stir would not help his team make the playoffs. Now its the offseason and he wants out. I think he handled it pretty well and deserves a trade.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hayesb26 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:10 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Why are you guys knocking on Henry? he kept his mouth shut and was extremely professional while McGahee was stealing his job. He knew creating a stir would not help his team make the playoffs. Now its the offseason and he wants out. I think he handled it pretty well and deserves a trade.

Thank you. Finally somebody realized this.

Henry could have made a huge deal about this during the season and caused the Buffalo organization to lose their focus on making the playoffs, and they would have been nowhere near the race. Instead, he took the high rode and played hard and stayed quiet during the season, and now that he has been assured he won't be starting, he wants to leave. What's wrong with that?

You may say the money, but the guy is a very good running back, and deserves to be paid like a good running back. I'm not talking top of the line, but a very solid payday is due to Henry.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:53 pm

Funny how last offseason Henry was everyone's favorite guy. !+)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:25 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:Funny how last offseason Henry was everyone's favorite guy. !+)

People enjoy rooting for the underdog. Henry was the underdog, starter but still the underdog. Undeservingly. Now he really is the underdog and all the guys with Mcgahee want him gone. Henry owners want him out of Buffalo as well.

Id say he deserves $$$ and a trade more than Burress did.

Crap i drafted him in the third round with my head held high. Telling everyone, "Watch out". Missed out on Mcgahee by one round. Thinking nobody would draft him. Go figure the league idiot drafts him like six picks before me(then trades him for Jeff Garcia a week before he got the starting job). Stupid a$$. And i trade Henry/Harrington for Dillon a week b4 Henry lost his job.

Crazy situation.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk