Any of you guys watch "The Ultimate Fighter"? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Any of you guys watch "The Ultimate Fighter"?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:28 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:When Willa Ford comes on for a little bit during the challenges, it is worth the entire hour. ;-D

theres the key! shes in Stuff mag to too Aprils edition..I tried to read the artical I swear!

With your superior literary skills I seriously doubt the validity of that statement. ;-7

oh a wise guy huh! :-b

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:16 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:When Willa Ford comes on for a little bit during the challenges, it is worth the entire hour. ;-D

theres the key! shes in Stuff mag to too Aprils edition..I tried to read the artical I swear!

With your superior literary skills I seriously doubt the validity of that statement. ;-7

Ouch...although I have noticed a kinder/gentler Dazed over the past few days ( :-o ). Business is good, eh? ;-D

Those Stuff pics are so good. :L
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:10 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:

LOL...glad to see someone can take a joke! ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby kashikis » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:50 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:

Ouch...although I have noticed a kinder/gentler Dazed over the past few days ( :-o ). Business is good, eh? ;-D

must be a few extra :-° :-°
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:02 pm

kashikis wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:

must be a few extra :-° :-°

LMAO ;-)

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:36 pm

Canacuna wrote:ERGH... Leben was absolutely stomping Kenny during that fight. Shame it ended the way it did. Whoever wins in the Koscheck/Diego fight should have a pretty easy path to the UFC, methinks.

It's like everything in my last post was bad luck. I say that Leben r0x0rz s0x0rz and he's out... I say that I'm glad Bobby Southworth is gone and now he's back... ugh.

Hopefully Forrest can pull through his cut and Bobby will be back home ASAP.

man the sad part is kenny was proud of his win. it was a freaking fluke. the real championship is next week, diego/koscheck. i have a feeling diego crushes him, he seems to be a bit mental. completely agree about forrest coming back, i hate southworth... gonna be awsome next week.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:43 pm

Just a 'lil reminder to anyone interested - Spike TV is currently running a marathon of the entire season leading up to the finale tonight at 9PM.

Here's the card for tonights finale...

Light Heavyweight Final
Stephan Bonnar vs. Forrest Griffin

Middlweight Final
Diego Sanchez vs. Kenny Florian

Ken Shamrock vs. Rich Franklin

UNDERCARD
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Sanford
Chris Leben vs. Jason Thacker
Lodune Sincaid vs. Nate Quarry
Alex Karalexis vs. Josh Rafferty

Predictions?

I'd reckon Diego will give another of his beat-downs to Florian. I always reckoned during the show that Diego was a 'lil weird, but those promos he's had for the upcoming fight just prove me right. The guy just creeps me out... good fighter, though - his technical style is actually bearable (unlike Koscheck - geez, he was boring). Florian was lucky he hit that elbow in Leben brow... Leben was r0x0ring his s0x0rz and would have won easily.

Bonnar and Forrest should be a good fight - pretty similar styles and they were both the best in their weight-class, methinks (although you could argue for Southworth instead of Bonnar, I 'spose). Anyway, I'll go with Forrest on this one... I thought his wins on the show were a 'lil more impressive.

I don't know who Rich Franklin is, but from what the clips of Shamrock's fights... that d00d is a bad-ass. I was reading up on Shamrock and I guess he'd broken some vertebrae when he was in HS - doctors told him he'd never be able to compete in contact sports again and a couple months later he was lifting weights, shooting hoops, etc. with his halo. His coach said the injury actually made him feel less pain, or something. Anyway, just interesting tid-bits I thought I'd share.

So anyway, there ya go.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:56 pm

shamrock is a bad mother. back when i used to tournament fight i used to idolize this guy. then i remember him going into professional wrestling :-o ...
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:59 pm

Canacuna wrote:
Light Heavyweight Final
Stephan Bonnar vs. Forrest Griffin

Middlweight Final
Diego Sanchez vs. Kenny Florian

Ken Shamrock vs. Rich Franklin

UNDERCARD
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Sanford
Chris Leben vs. Jason Thacker
Lodune Sincaid vs. Nate Quarry
Alex Karalexis vs. Josh Rafferty

wow that's awsome. i never heard there would be undercard fights. do you know if that undercard will be televised?

my predictions:

diego chokes out florian in less than 2 minutes.
stephan bonner wins in a decision! :-o i think that would be looked at as an upset. bonner would get more respect if he didnt look like an accountant.
ill say shamrock wins, but i have no clue about the other guy.
Last edited by The Miner Part 2 on Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:32 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:wow that's awsome. i never heard there would be undercard fights. do you know if that undercard will be televised?

I don't think that the undercard fights will actually be on television unless one of the main fights ends VERY EARLY. UFC has a lot of time to fill (it's either two or two and a half hour timeslot), so if there is a short fight, they've got to fill it with something.

The thing that surprised me about the under-card is the Chris Leben/Jason Thacker fight. I don't know if you followed the show since the beginning or not, but Thacker was the loser in the first show or two who kept saying he was going to quit and was the first man ousted.

You also might remember Leben taking a leak on his bed the first night. B-)

Anyway, that fight should be a massacre. It's like having Ken Shamrock fight a five year-old girl...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk