Any of you guys watch "The Ultimate Fighter"? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Any of you guys watch "The Ultimate Fighter"?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:36 pm

Canacuna wrote:The thing that surprised me about the under-card is the Chris Leben/Jason Thacker fight. I don't know if you followed the show since the beginning or not, but Thacker was the loser in the first show or two who kept saying he was going to quit and was the first man ousted.

You also might remember Leben taking a leak on his bed the first night. B-)

Anyway, that fight should be a massacre. It's like having Ken Shamrock fight a five year-old girl...

yea this suprised me too. i couldnt believe that thacker would even agree to fight lebman. gonna be an embarrassing night for him.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:00 pm

well im not sure if that undercard went down cuna. where did you get that info?

yea and diego just exploded florians face. my god, diego is going to be a force in the ufc.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:17 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:well im not sure if that undercard went down cuna. where did you get that info?

yea and diego just exploded florians face. my god, diego is going to be a force in the ufc.

Got it directly from SpikeTV's official website here, as well as a variety of other sources. Google "Ultimate Fighter Finale" or something... all of 'em have the undercard listed.

Still a couple more hours to go till this thing gets started here... not surprised at all about Diego kickin' Florian's ass. It should be interesting to see how he fares against "real" UFC fighters.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:23 pm

Canacuna wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:well im not sure if that undercard went down cuna. where did you get that info?

Got it directly from SpikeTV's official website here, as well as a variety of other sources. Google "Ultimate Fighter Finale" or something... all of 'em have the undercard listed.

Still a couple more hours to go till this thing gets started here... not surprised at all about Diego kickin' Florian's ass. It should be interesting to see how he fares against "real" UFC fighters.

damn, im sorry if i ruined it for you. i thought this was live across the country.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:28 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Canacuna wrote:

damn, im sorry if i ruined it for you. i thought this was live across the country.

Heh - don't worry about it. If Diego didn't win, I would have been absolutely shocked. No real spoiler there. ;-)

Spike is still runnin' the last couple shows (re-watching the Diego/Koscheck fight right now) - sometimes it sucks being on the West Coast.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:50 pm

Canacuna wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Canacuna wrote:

Heh - don't worry about it. If Diego didn't win, I would have been absolutely shocked. No real spoiler there. ;-)

Spike is still runnin' the last couple shows (re-watching the Diego/Koscheck fight right now) - sometimes it sucks being on the West Coast.

set your tivo...youre going to see somthing to remember...and ill leave it at that... :-*
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:26 pm

Aww man, Ken Shamrock choked big time. I wanted to see him pull an ankle lock submission or something.

I see there's middleweight and light heavyweight.. is there any heavyweight division? I'd kinda like to see some big 300 pound monsters going at it.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:25 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:set your tivo...youre going to see somthing to remember...and ill leave it at that... :-*

Wow... that was great. Good thing I recorded this thing! ;-D

I'm glad that the d00ds at UFC decided to throw Bonnar a deal too - most definitely deserved. Those two put on quite a show. They're even good for an entertaining interview - unlike Diego... Joe Rogan must have tried cutting him off three or four times and he just wouldn't shut up.

Nilmerf wrote:Aww man, Ken Shamrock choked big time. I wanted to see him pull an ankle lock submission or something.

No kidding. I was really excited to finally see this d00d fight and the match goes for only a few minutes. That was definitely disappointing. Good thing that the Griffin/Bonnar fight kicked so much ass...

I thought that Shamrock was lookin' pretty good, though. Looked like he could have gotten Franklin to tap out earlier... that slip of his really cost him, methinks.

Nilmerf wrote:see there's middleweight and light heavyweight.. is there any heavyweight division? I'd kinda like to see some big 300 pound monsters going at it.

Here's the weight class descriptions...

UFC Rules wrote:WEIGHT CLASSES
Lightweight - over 145 lbs. to 155 lbs.
Welterweight - over 155 lbs. to 170 lbs.
Middleweight - over 170 lbs. to 185 lbs.
Light Heavyweight - over 185 lbs. to 205 lbs.
Heavyweight - over 205 lbs. to 265 lbs.

Edited to Add: Oh, and if anyone was wondering, here's the results from the undercard fights, courtesy of MMAFighting.com.

MMAFighting wrote:Alex Karalexis defeated Josh Rafferty via referee stoppage (strikes) in round 1.

Mike Swick defeated Alex Schoenauer via KO at 20 seconds of round 1.

Nathan Quarry defeated Lodune Sincaid via referee stoppage (strikes) in round 1.

Josh Koscheck defeated Chris Sanford via KO in round 1.

Chris Leben defeated Jason Thacker via referee stoppage (strikes) in round 1.

Sam Hoger defeated Bobby Southworth via unanimous decision after three rounds.

Everything went as expected there, aside from Sam Hoger over Southworth! :-o
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:07 pm

Good fights, good fights. Anytime I can see it I'll take it. I liked Forrest, so I was glad he won. Stephen deserved to get a contract with that fight.

Shamrock got leveled, but it looked like he slipped down before getting obliterated. Any ultimate fighter would probably be able to do what the other guy did when someone falls down. He did try an ankle lock at one point, but he didn't have it in hard enough. I loved the camera angle when he did it...you could see him trying to actually break his ankle. 8-o

I wish they would put this on TV every week...I would so watch it.

Did anyone else think the ring announcer was terrible? If he's Michael Buffer's brother, he should definitely try to get some pointers from him. He didn't say Bonner's name right (supposed to sound like "Stefan" instead of "Stephen"), and he wanted to say the Shamrock fight was for a title but it wasn't...so he had to cover it up at the end. :-B
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:08 pm

Everything went as expected there, aside from Sam Hoger over Southworth!

wow, that is an amazing upset. and there was a general hatred between the two. nice to see southworth lose, he was a piece of trash.

i would have loved to see leben pound that nerdy guy. i bet theyll put those fights online soon.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk