Auburn Pro day (article) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Auburn Pro day (article)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auburn Pro day (article)

Postby onepunch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:13 pm

AUBURN (March 21st) senior quarterback JASON CAMPBELL ran between 4.69 and 4.75 in the 40... some reported slower times... 38" vertical... weighed in at 6045, 227 pounds... had a very successful throwing session, which included him making several 60-yard throws standing flat-footed... has done everything necessary to increase his final grade... solid at the Senior Bowl... very good showing today at his Pro Day... moved well for his size in the positional drills... scored well on the Wonderlic (28) and has impressed in his interviews... some QB coaches have said they may want to quicken his release or work on his mechanics slightly, but he has the ability to make a draft day move the way J.P. Losman (Buffalo) did based on how the Top 5-10 picks turn out... senior defensive lineman JAY RATLIFF ran between 4.85 and 4.87 in the 40... 4.23 short shuttle... 7.35 three-cone... 33.5" vertical... 9'9" broad jump and also did 26 reps of 225 pounds... capable of being a 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE or bulking up to shift inside to DT... also took some reps at NT during the East-West Shrine Game practices... Baltimore was one of many teams that paid close attention to him during the workout... had private visits scheduled with Miami (March 31st), San Diego (April 6th) and Atlanta (April 12th)... a former tight end, so he is still in the early stages of development (12-18 months)... his instincts seem to improve during the season... showed great hustle/work ethic at the East-West game... can still be a bit slow to read-react/find the ball off the snap... will drop his head when he rushes and does not always use his hands to get off initial blocks... has the athleticism and speed to make plays in pursuit... big-bodied kid with lots of upside... similar to Cletidus Hunt (Green Bay) at the same stage of his career... senior defensive back JUNIOR ROSEGREEN ran between 4.60 and 4.65 in the 40... also did positional drills... smallish safety that plays aggressively at times... will have to make his mark on special teams initially... both senior running backs RONNIE BROWN and CARNELL WILLIAMS did only positional drills, as they were carefully watched by Tampa Bay, Houston, Seattle, Arizona and even Minnesota... senior cornerback CARLOS ROGERS was ultra-smooth in all of his drills... his faster-than-expected 40-times at the Combine could be just the finishing touches that he needed to leap frog to the front of the pack at his position... Kansas City kept a very close eye on him throughout the process.

I'm starting to believe MN will draft a RB and trade 2 of their 3 that are in the fold currently. It could be a smokescreen. Thoughts???
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby black_hawk8888 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:29 pm

I don't know how they could trade 2 RBs with Travis Henry still looking for work. Way too many RBs available right now.....
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:33 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:I don't know how they could trade 2 RBs with Travis Henry still looking for work. Way too many RBs available right now.....

And A-Train.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby onepunch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:36 pm

Temporarily forgot about the glut of backs (duh :-? ). They could still draft Benson or Cadillac and hold onto their backs until next year I suppose. The rumor (I'm in the minneapolis area) is they want to be more of a smashmouth running team and don't see a back on their roster like that. Benson would be that type.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:20 pm

Onterrio is smash mouth enough. It would be a huge mistake for the Vikes to draft a running back.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onepunch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:22 pm

Onterrio is one strike away from a yearlong ban in the NFL. Not exactly who I'd want to shoulder my running game.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:22 am

You can't tell me that one of those backs (or a platoon of all of them) can't be smashmouth enough. They should be looking at WR or defense only! RB would be a huge mistake considering they have 3-4 backs with the ability to start on their roster already.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:31 am

they won't get anything for them if they trade them. I'm sure denny green would take bennett, but not for too much when he can have a top rb in the draft
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MadScott » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:09 pm

Interesting that Seattle and Houston were both looking hard at the two RBs.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk