Rowanowski to pay $340k to Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rowanowski to pay $340k to Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:36 am

Azrael wrote:He should have paid him whatever his entire contract was at the time.
I agree with that, that's a good idea Az
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:38 am

chaindog35 wrote:
Azrael wrote:He should have paid him whatever his entire contract was at the time.
I agree with that, that's a good idea Az

He should have paid the length of his contract,plus a sliding scale salary decreasing over the average span of a career at that position.And then he should have been punched in the eye by every member of Williams immediate family.What the hell,give him a couple shots to the groin as well in hopes that(if he hasn't already)he will never reproduce.Okay,I think I'm done. :-P
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:01 pm

Football Newbie wrote:can i get an "Amen!" from the congregation when i say ROMO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jjdub » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:20 pm

I agree with all of you... and I like the relatives getting a free shot at Romo idea...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:19 pm

nice idea Sixgunn, romo is a punk
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:13 pm

Man I hate talking about this case... Romo is a vile sack of trash, and should've had to pay much more than that.

And Football Newbie, AMEN brother. ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:25 pm

Most people's lives aren't worth 340k (life insurance policies). Romo was stupid and now he's paying for it, $340,000 is a lot of money. The guy can buy a house and go back to college and start a new career, he might have been out of the NFL in a year anyway...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MCG321 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:31 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Most people's lives aren't worth 340k (life insurance policies). Romo was stupid and now he's paying for it, $340,000 is a lot of money. The guy can buy a house and go back to college and start a new career, he might have been out of the NFL in a year anyway...

That sure seems unfair to Williams. He had the opportunity to possibly make millions, and because someone ruins his career, he should be okay with $340k? Who knows how successful another career will be for him, especially if he's been concentrating most of his life on football? True, he may have been out of the NFL in a year, but thanks to Romo, no one will ever know.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:05 am

i hate romo as much as anyone i think... he's probably one of my least favorite people in any sport, but we're talking about a guy who was an undrafted free agent that was on a league minimum contract and only played some special teams... some people make it out of this position to earn millions but most don't... i would have liked to see romo pay millions... but realistically 1 million (1 to 3 more years in the league) would have been closer to fair... yes his career was ended but once he hit veteran status he would have gotten a higher wage, contract guarantees and whatnot. That is the point where teams cut the fat and grab new cheaper talent... sure he may have made it but if i was on that jury I would have argued a million... but they probably heard more than we know about it... a preexisting bad blood relationship, taunting, etcetera... i think the 5 years 1.5 mil per season thought was ridiculus for a non-starting average special teams player... no team would pay that... if williams is happy, i'm fine with it...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby vdragon78 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:20 am

why does everyone hate romo so much???
he's a mean, nasty, dirty, aggressive linebacker. he's the epitorme of what they teach you to be as defensive player...

I don't have a problem with him at all..
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk