Rowanowski to pay $340k to Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rowanowski to pay $340k to Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:05 pm

Because he's a scumbag.He spit in another players face.He ended another players career.He likely shortened the careers of countless other players with his dirty play.And feels no remorse for any of it.Playing tough hard-nosed football is one thing,just being cheap and foul is another story all together.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby vdragon78 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:17 pm

i don't know why i'm defending this guy, but it's just weird to see that he's universally hated...

what about guys who grab each other's nuts and spit at each other in a pileup? i think because his spit on stokes got caught by camera, it got blown out of proportion

lotsa guys fight in practice.. Williams just got unlucky... Can happen to anybody who's ever fought in practice which probably 50% of the nfl has at some point

yeah, romo is on the dirty side, but i don't think he's dirtier than many other nfl players...
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MCG321 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:18 pm

vdragon78 wrote:why does everyone hate romo so much???
he's a mean, nasty, dirty, aggressive linebacker. he's the epitorme of what they teach you to be as defensive player...

I don't have a problem with him at all..

1989, while with the 49ers, he brawled with offensive tackle Harris Barton after Barton had taken exception to a hit Romanowski had made on wide receiver Jerry Rice during a practice session. In 1995, while with the Eagles, he was ejected from a game — and subsequently fined $4,500 — for kicking Arizona Cardinals running back Larry Centers in the head. Three more incidents occurred during the 1997 season while he played for the Broncos: In the first, he was fined $20,000 after his hit on then-Carolina Panthers quarterback Kerry Collins in a preseason game resulted in Collins sustaining a broken jaw that kept him out of action that entire season; in the second, Romanowski spat in the face of 49ers wide receiver J.J. Stokes in a regular-season game played in December on a Monday night; and in the third — in the AFC Championship game — Romanowski almost precipitated a full-scale brawl after he taunted Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Kordell Stewart following an interception Stewart had thrown in the third quarter of the game, won by Denver. Two years later, while still with the Broncos, he was fined a total of $42,500 for three illegal hits plus a punch thrown at Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, and was also fined an undisclosed amount for throwing a football at Bryan Cox of the New York Jets, the ball hitting him in the crotch area.

In August of 2000, Romanowski was indicted by a grand jury in Denver for allegedly obtaining phentermine, a diet drug with stimulant properties, under false pretenses; he was later acquitted of this charge, but during the trial he made statements to the media many regarded as being racially insensitive. Another on-the-field incident, resulting in a $7,500 fine, followed in 2001.

You might not have a problem with that, but I sure do. And I sure hope that's not how they're teaching defense nowadays. :-t
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:20 pm

vdragon78 wrote:i don't know why i'm defending this guy, but it's just weird to see that he's universally hated...

what about guys who grab each other's nuts and spit at each other in a pileup? i think because his spit on stokes got caught by camera, it got blown out of proportion

lotsa guys fight in practice.. Williams just got unlucky... Can happen to anybody who's ever fought in practice which probably 50% of the nfl has at some point

yeah, romo is on the dirty side, but i don't think he's dirtier than many other nfl players...

Refer to my previous post, and tell me if many other players have a history like that.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby vdragon78 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:53 am

MCG, i know romo's history... again, none of those things seem terrible to me.. i'm not saying the guy is an angel, but illegal hits, taunting, and prescription drugs?? please....

sixgunn, do you think the guy in your avatar feels remorse for shortening carreers of other players??

it's still not ballet... it's football. (even though the nfl tries it's best to put players in tutus lately...)
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:03 pm

Hey if the guy was on that much 'roids can you blame him? I would juice myself up to insanity if I had the opportunity to play in the NFL for a decade and make millions. They have testicle replacement surgery nowadays right? right?!?!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk