Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cruiz03 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:40 pm

Great article ;-D
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:29 pm

The Vikings haven’t completely closed the door on MLB E.J. Henderson. Henderson has lost his starting job to newcomer Sam Cowart, but the Vikings would move Cowart to the weak side if Henderson has a strong training camp.

Snap! They haven't been to camp and EJ is out of a job.

The $8.5 million signing bonus the Broncos awarded LB Ian Gold in his return to Denver seemed a bit high, according to observers, but he looks like a perfect fit for Denver’s plans to shift to more of a 3-4 scheme. His return, after just one year in Tampa, more than likely signals a shift to the strong side for D.J. Williams, but Williams’ playmaking ability isn’t expected to suffer much as a result.

The Broncos playing a 3-4 with those LBs could be downright scary next season on defense.

We hear the Bucs continue to be high on USC WR Mike Williams despite their need at running back and may make him their pick at No. 5 overall.

Williams and Clayton? Could easily be the best young WR duo in the NFL for years to come. Wow!

One of our Niners insiders tells us C Jeremy Newberry “looks like a million bucks” and is progressing nicely from last year’s knee surgery, even though he will still probably miss the team’s three-day veteran minicamp that starts April 1. We hear the Niners are not as optimistic about QB Tim Rattay, who also is expected to miss the minicamp following postseason forearm surgery.

Great news on Newberry as he is what makes this team tick. This could be the beginning of the end for Rattay. Great guy, just not made for the NFL.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:35 pm

After requesting a trade from Denver, it looks as if Reuben Droughns overestimated his value and found the chances to be scarce for willing suitors with an open RB competition. We’re told it’s not out of the realm of possibility to see him return to fullback for the Broncos if a deal isn’t struck prior to the draft.

alright bears, take droughns for a 6th round pick so my guy, tatum bell, can be a top 5 fantasy back next year. :-L
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:38 pm

MadScott wrote:
One of our Niners insiders tells us C Jeremy Newberry “looks like a million bucks” and is progressing nicely from last year’s knee surgery, even though he will still probably miss the team’s three-day veteran minicamp that starts April 1. We hear the Niners are not as optimistic about QB Tim Rattay, who also is expected to miss the minicamp following postseason forearm surgery.

Great news on Newberry as he is what makes this team tick. This could be the beginning of the end for Rattay. Great guy, just not made for the NFL.

I see Newberry at a local bar I frequent all the time and have partied with him from time to time. No limp or cast or anything, seems to walk around fine. I asked him about the knee last week and he says he should be 100% by the beginning of the season, he's already jogging and doing light work.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:06 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
MadScott wrote:

I see Newberry at a local bar I frequent all the time and have partied with him from time to time. No limp or cast or anything, seems to walk around fine. I asked him about the knee last week and he says he should be 100% by the beginning of the season, he's already jogging and doing light work.
Even better news. That team and Oline play completely different when he's in the lineup and healthy. Heck, that's a ProBowl center we've been playing without the last few years.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk