sony PSP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

sony PSP

Moderator: Football Moderators

sony PSP

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:54 am

sony is releasing its new handheld psp tomorrow in the US. it plays 128 bit graphics...supports movie playback along with images and mp3. some of the games that ineterst me are tony hawk underground..need for speed underground, tiger woods...and many others. downfall...it costs 250 bucks. just curious as if anyone is planning on shelling out the dough for this bad boy.... it really looks awesome, but thats a lot of cash.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:27 am

Man,I could work one into my budget and they are probably pretty sweet but I just can't reason owning one.I already spend enough time on my PS2 at home and I don't travel or really have much time to pass out side of home.I can see myself at my job as well,I would never get any real work done,gots to pay them bills.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:08 am

yeah my main thought was for work...mainly for my lunch hour and such. or on things like road trip to the mountain when i go boarding. i already have a nintendo ds..but it doesnt have too many cool games on it yet...just madden and a couple of mario games...mostly my girlfriend just plays it.
i probabaly will end up gettin one...im really a junkie when it comes to new technology..i tend to buy the newest and coolest stuff even if i dont really need it. kinda a bad habit...but its a fun one :-) the ads said best buy is opening 2 hours early tomorrow just for its release. that seemed kinda crazy for just a handheld. i guess if they dont totally sell out i might get one sometime later in the week if i hear good things about it.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tyr » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:27 am

I've used a friends PSP, who bought one of the european imports..

It's nice. The screen is GREAT! I don't like the controls as much as the DS, though.. and the battery life is absolutely terrible in comparison.

If you don't mind the lousy battery life (or have a second pack to swap in), they're pretty incredible little systems.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:59 am

I'd only get it if they re-release some wicked games like Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, and stuff. That's what I miss from switching to XBox.. the compatibility with my old PlayStation games. :-P
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:28 pm

Weird, I've never heard of this before today. But I just saw a commercial for it earlier this afternoon...it looks freaking awesome. But 250 bucks...that's way too thick for my blood. And I'm not much of a fan of either of the PlayStations, or of video games at all for that matter.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:22 pm

this looks like a great little toy, but i dont think that i could see very many places that i wouold be playing wiht it. possible plane rides, thats like 5 times a year, and other than that why not just play on my xbox. it looks really wicked cool tho

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:19 pm

For long plane-rides, or road trips, or whatever - I just bought an old GameBoy for a few bucks. Why spend that much money on a PSP that I'll only use a few times during the year? It looks cool, but no thanks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:21 am

well guys....i lucked out. i came home from work today and my girlfriend had bought me PSP and a game for it. :-) let me tell you guys...this is freakin sweet. the clarity on the screen is just unreal...it came with spiderman 2 (the full movie), and a sample disc that included demos of games, movie previews and full music videos (some cool ones at that 3 days grace, silvertide, crossfade, coheed and cambria etc). it has tons of features, and looks expandable with usb and infared ports. it comes with a cool remote that you can control all your basic cd playback features and volume...and even comes with sony earbuds and a sony memory stick. they even have a analog control on this thing...pretty amazing. the bad thing is she said the games were 40-50 bucks. thats pretty expensive for a handheld IMO considering most on the nintendo DS were under 30. she got me nfl streets 2...but we are taking it back and trading it in for tony hawks underground 2....which will keep my interest a lot longer and provide more challenge. i figured for 50 bones i better get the game i want lol. :-) ill let you guys know what i think about the game later ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:19 am

That must be some girl you've got there, D. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Video Games