sony PSP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

sony PSP

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:51 am

Canacuna wrote:That must be some girl you've got there, D. ;-D

yeah im pretty lucky ;-D

i got tony hawk underground for the system today. its unreal. the graphics are just as good as the ps2....same playing modes, same music....its awesome. controls are awesome too..tho the analog only controls camera angles not direction. this one was definitely worth buying tho ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:37 am

Wow man, that girl is a keeper. The most a girl has ever bought for me was coffee!
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:47 pm

Just heard on the news that this thing sold out as expected...like a million sold or something. :-o
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:55 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Just heard on the news that this thing sold out as expected...like a million sold or something. :-o

holy crap...guess she lucked out since she got it a day after they released it. she also was smart enough to go to a smaller chain to buy it instead of best buy or circuit city.

ive been playing around a lot with mine and it amazes me more and more. the only real drawback ive found is if you are in a big area, or in a noisy area, its pretty hard to hear (the volume doesnt quite get high enough) ...headphones will be a mandatory in those situations. ;-D other than that....i can honestly say its worth the price tag. hopefully they will keep putting out solid games for it.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:16 pm

How's the battery life and hand comfort?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:36 pm

Free Bagel wrote:How's the battery life and hand comfort?

well...the booklet says it lasts about 5 hours when playing games and like 3-5 when watching movies....since i have been playing it at lunch and breaks and such...i havent even got it to run down very much. i havent had any problems with it yet, but then again, i havent played it for an extended amount of time.

hand comfort is great...its a little bit awkward at first since you are basically using a ps2 controller with a screen in the middle...yet its flat. wrist position is the only real difference. its not nearly as comfortable as the regular controller, but its easy to use..its also not too heavy.

havent used the analog too much yet so i dont have a good feel for it yet. the speakers are placed on the bottom edge of the unit (so they would be on the bottom side if you were holding the screen in front of you) so it can be easy to cover them with your hands while playing.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby awwchrist » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:37 am

Free Bagel wrote:How's the battery life and hand comfort?

Vibrator?

sorry had to.

:-D
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:40 pm

My friend recently purchased the psp as well looks great and feels great. The thing that shocked me the most is not only does it play dvds and games but it can serve as an mp3 player and depending on the memory stick size it can hold as much songs as an ipod. The only game ive played on it is THUG 2 as much as I hate the tony hawk series from a skaters standpoint the game is quite fun I think ill start saving for this one.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:16 pm

Just a heads up fellas if you guys are looking for these, I was at Costco today and they had a ton of them in there. They were $319 and came with two games. One was an NBA one, and the other I think was some action game.

Just a headsup. Not trying to push Costco on anyone, but they had probably 50 of them there.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:10 am

ljthockey wrote:The thing that shocked me the most is not only does it play dvds and games but it can serve as an mp3 player and depending on the memory stick size it can hold as much songs as an ipod.

So wait, it will play full-size DVD's? The games are mini-disk right, how would the full-size ones fit in there?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games