sony PSP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

sony PSP

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:13 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Just a heads up fellas if you guys are looking for these, I was at Costco today and they had a ton of them in there. They were $319 and came with two games. One was an NBA one, and the other I think was some action game.

Just a headsup. Not trying to push Costco on anyone, but they had probably 50 of them there.

wow thats crazy..i actually was in costco today and didnt see any..i guess i didnt look that hard. i also went to best buy and they were sold out there.

some bad news about the system i found out: the only movie they have for it right now is the one that it came with, spiderman 2. i guess they arent releasing more until next month...but they will be limited.

i didnt know they had a metal gear solid game out on this system already!! looks like i may be making another purchase in the near future. B-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:15 am

Free Bagel wrote:
ljthockey wrote:The thing that shocked me the most is not only does it play dvds and games but it can serve as an mp3 player and depending on the memory stick size it can hold as much songs as an ipod.

So wait, it will play full-size DVD's? The games are mini-disk right, how would the full-size ones fit in there?

they arent true minidisks, but they are about the same size...they arent full size dvds.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:37 am

Any idea how much the movie disks retail for?

Also how much was the memory card (and what size) you got for it?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:45 am

Free Bagel wrote:Any idea how much the movie disks retail for??

since there havent been any on sale yet, i really have no idea...but im expecting the typical 15-20 dollar price of dvds

Free Bagel wrote:Also how much was the memory card (and what size) you got for it?

they come with a 32mb sony card...but i saw a 256mb one at best buy today for 60 dollars....not sure what all sizes it has.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:54 am

Cool, sorry to keep picking your brain for questions, but I'm seriously considering getting one of these (especially since I'm in the market for an MP3 player anyway, and the decent ones are nearly as much as this anyhow). So a couple more as I think of them ;):

How's the battery life when playing MP3's? Would I be able to take it into work for a full day (8 hrs) and listen to MP3's on it all day while I worked without buying an extra battery?

Also how is it in terms of carrying it around in your pocket? Too big or does it fit and will it scratch up the screen (one of the things I'm worried about is that it doesn't 'close' like the DS and Gameboy Advance SP's do), and same for the disks, I have enough problems keeping my PS2 discs from getting all scratched up and the UMD game boxes look huge, could you carry around one of the UMD disks in your pocket safely?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:08 am

Free Bagel wrote:Cool, sorry to keep picking your brain for questions, but I'm seriously considering getting one of these (especially since I'm in the market for an MP3 player anyway, and the decent ones are nearly as much as this anyhow). So a couple more as I think of them ;):

no prob...its a lot of money..thats why i made this thread is i hoped someone had someone had some answers for me as well..

Free Bagel wrote:How's the battery life when playing MP3's? Would I be able to take it into work for a full day (8 hrs) and listen to MP3's on it all day while I worked without buying an extra battery??

i havent done it, but i honestly think if it can run games and movies off disc for 5 hours..it should be able to run mp3s off the card for longer, since there are no moving parts as opposed to games and movies having to be read from discs

Free Bagel wrote:Also how is it in terms of carrying it around in your pocket? Too big or does it fit and will it scratch up the screen (one of the things I'm worried about is that it doesn't 'close' like the DS and Gameboy Advance SP's do), and same for the disks, I have enough problems keeping my PS2 discs from getting all scratched up and the UMD game boxes look huge, could you carry around one of the UMD disks in your pocket safely?

um its pretty large for your normal pockets like in your pants, but it fits fine in my jacket pockets. in the case that they provide id say its probably 3-4 inches wide and about 9 inches long, and about 1 inch deep. as long as you keep it in the case thing they give you you shouldnt have to worry about scratches. they also sell really cheap screen protectors for it..they are like clear electromagnetic stickers that you can just switch out once they get beat up. i think they invested some serious money in the screen..it seems pretty durable (not easy to scratch).

the discs are like minidiscs in that they are in a hard case, so would actually just be damaging the cover if anything.. they have a small hole on the backside that it reads the disc through. they also some in these little carboard type sleeves. i usually just leave mine in that and keep them in my case with the psp stuffed on the backside of it. (its a stretchy type case that you can fit some games in )
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:17 pm

Cool, thanks.

One other thing I just thought of that's kind of obscure so you might not know the answer. Can it play movies like avi's and divx files via the memory card from a PC?

Meaning, could I like hook the PSP up to my PC with a USB cable, transfer some avi or divx files onto it from there onto the memory card, and play them on the PSP later?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:34 pm

thats a good question...ill try doing it today since i have the cables and stuff and ill let you know.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ljthockey » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:36 pm

Not sure about file types but i know my friend can download music videos he has on his computer on to it. If that helps any or maybe im just stating the obvious we already knew :*) :-?
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:40 pm

ljthockey wrote:Not sure about file types but i know my friend can download music videos he has on his computer on to it. If that helps any or maybe im just stating the obvious we already knew :*) :-?

yeah thats what he means..if he can do the music vids..they are probly avi or mpeg. cool stuff. :-) i guess i need a bigger memory stick ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games