Early Vegas Odds for Super Bowl XL. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Early Vegas Odds for Super Bowl XL.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:48 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:baltimores where the money is.

;-D

i also like the vikings and texans lines
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 pm

80-1 on SF is all I'm getting, come on Vegas. I remember when the Texans were a billion to 1 in their inaugural year. You gotta do better than 80-1.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:39 pm

I like the odds on Detroit, Houston, and Minnesota.

I like Carolina and Tampa's odds as well... but the NFC South is going to be such a crapshoot next season you never know who could come out on top.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:26 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
MadScott wrote:I was just thinking about looking up the odds today GP so thank you! ;-D

GB is way too high in this list with their defections. I think KC and SD may be a bit high too.

Carolina and Minnie make for some nice legit longshots that could payout nicely.

I think you nailed it, man. If anyone puts money on GB at 15-1...well, they must like Green Bay. :-o

Carolina is a decent bargain play, and Minny at 20-1 is a STEAL bet at this point. That number will be moving up daily. I heard from a little birdie that Minny will win 15 games this year. ;-)
And unfortunately for us, they have our beloved Niners pegged a bit too high as well. :,-( There's always next year...err...wait...this is for next year. :~(

Like I told ya on the phone..we are on the 3 year + plan...and thats being optimistic :~(
You said a mouthful there man. Wait till we raid NE this next offseason and bring Brady back to where he belongs! ;-D

Joshy brought up another nice value in Detroit. Depending on how things work out there, they could be poised for a nice deep run at the title.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Sports Interaction

Postby WeekSixteen » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:45 am

I do a lot of betting on football, all through sportsinteraction.. I'm putting money on the ravens and vikings not to win the super bowl but throughout most of the season to win their games..

I did 2 bets on 4 teams each last year.. I put $200 in and the payout would have been $1,200, both my high risk teams won and my other team did as well... I bet that the vikings would be up by at least 7 over the bears at the half... this is when the bears were going with some new QB, cant remember his name.. anyway the vikes are up by 3 at the 5 yard line, about to score with a minute left and pepper throws an interception to Urlacher, which ends up leading the to bears scoring and being up at the half.. could not believe it.. I tore up my bet cards and just walked around mindlessly for a while.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:58 am

i agree with most of these

minny, seattle, baltimore, houston are decent bets...

no way in hell i take the action on tampa bay or green bay... i think GB might be the most absurd line... the guy even states something about how far they would drop without favre... looks like they feel favre's gunslinging can propel him... obviously they are forgetting the way he played in the playoffs vs atlanta, minny, and philly...

i agree that KC is probably a little high...

i'm not sure what to think of SD... if brees has the same type of year and the line stays together and they don't choke in the playoffs... that's a lot of "if's" but hey... it's a decent starting line...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Previous

Return to Football Talk