Numero Uno's Mock 3.0 (FINAL) (Updated 4/22) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Numero Uno's Mock 3.0 (FINAL) (Updated 4/22)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Numero Uno's Mock 3.0 (FINAL) (Updated 4/22)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:46 pm

FINAL VERSION:

(no projected trades... only trades that have gone through as of today)

1. San Francisco - Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal

A no-brainer here... franchise QB. All the Edwards talk was a smoke screen. And they already agreed to terms.

2. Miami - Alex Smith, QB, Utah

In my opinion, the best QB in the draft. Ferrotte is a fill-in, and A.J> is a career backup. Not to mention, Feeley is 28, and therefore getting too old to "develop."

3. Cleveland - Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan

Will definitely help the passing game... and if Simms goes here, Braylon will be his career sidekick.

4. Chicago - Mike Williams, WR, USC/nowhere

The need for a #2 receiver is too great to pass up on Williams for. They said they might draft a RB here, but why? TJ did a respectable job. WR is the greater need.

5. Tampa Bay - Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn

Talk about Mike Williams was big here, but with him gone, as well as both QBs, Brown is their favorite RB. Of course, Ronnie was not even a starter at his own college... but I'm assuming Tampa will be like every other team, and just follow his combine.

6. Tennessee - Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami

Swapping one Rolle (no relation) for another, and like the other CB Rolle in Balt, this Rolle is a shutdown corner. A need, definitely, for Tenn.

7. Minnesota (from OAK) - Cedric Benson, RB, Texas

The smart move is DJ, of course, but who ever said the Vikings were smart? Besides, with the RBs in Minny being swapped aroound weekly, my guess is that either Bennett or Smith is out.. probably Bennett, who is looking for more money.

8. Arizona - Adam Jones, CB, West Virginia

Even if they don't get Henry in the trade, they are very big on J.J. Arrington... and can pick up a good QB in the 3-4th rounds.

9. Washington - Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn

A bit of a reach here, but Carlos might be the 2nd or even the best CB in the draft. Also an excellent return man. Will help nicely to fill the void left y the departure of Smoot.

10. Detroit - Shawne Merriman, DE/OLB, Maryland

A solid pass-rusher, and a defintie need for Detroit. Offense is covered, now time for defense. DJ is a popular choice here, but Detroit's LB corps isn't bad. And while Hall does nicely for providing the pass rush, another rusher is needed. Besides, Merriman can also be put as an LB as well.

11. Dallas - Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas

With Singleton aging and Coakley gone, Dallas needs an OLB, and another playmaker on defense. Amazing that he is here (with of course a strong "only in a Dallas fan's mock," but he does have a chance to fall here. In which case I die happy.

12. San Diego (from NYG) - Marcus Spears, DE, LSU

This will allow Olshansky to play on the inside, as he is supposed to. Spears is a fierce pass rusher, in need of a little schooling, but should do well in SD.

13. Houston - Carnell Williams, RB, Auburn

This is what I like to call DD insurance. Maybe not their greatest need, but Carnell is too good to let fall any futher.l

14. Carolina - Alex Barron, OT, FSU

Carolina has a nice set of RBs, so they might want to protect them as well. A big need since Gross was switched to the right side.

15. Kansas City - Demarcus Ware, DE/OLB, Troy

They need a DE and OLB, and Ware can play both. A "workout hero" whose stock has risen considerably in recent weeks. Will help bolster a much needed pass rush.

16. New Orleans - Thomas Davis, S, Georgia

Whether he plays S or OLB, NO needs him. Because they need anybody. And DFavis isn't just some scrub, he is being compared to Roy Williams in terms of S ability and hard-hitting. Hopefully, he will also brake TO's leg then.

17. Cincinnati - Travis Johnson, DT, FSU

In just about every Mock I see, this man gets the pick in Cincy. I see it no other way. Cincy needs a DT, Johnson looks to be the best this year. Good match.

18. Minnesota- Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina

How can they NOT pick Williamson now? A suprise he's fallen so far, and Minny needs a speed receiver with the departure of Moss. They have done enough work on defense over FA, so they continue to try and save face on offense with this pick.

19. St. Louis - Jamaal Brown, OT, Oklahoma

Obvious choice. Insurance for the disgruntled and injured SDSU wonder Kyle Turley. Will help protect Bulger, but more importantly, is great against the run, so SJ can run behind him for years to come. Hehehehehehe... I said come.

20. Dallas - Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma

Not the tallest man in the books, but this Sooner WR catches everything near him. With Glenn and KJ aging, this is a need pick. Tuna likes ths kid's work ethic and great blocking.

21. Jacksonville - Roddy White, WR, UAB

A playmaker and need for Jacksonville. Reggie has been kind of a dissapoinment so far, but even still, Jmmy Smith is old. With Roddy on the board, JAX will take him.

22. Baltimore - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin

They need a WR here, but they need a DE too, so Suggs can keep playing OLB. A good pass rusher, who is defintiely an improvement over Marques Douglas, who is gone anyways. And not good.

23. Seattle - Dan Cody, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

Forget Okeafor, if Cody pans out and work out his emotional problems, this DE will be terrorizing Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger and the unnamed third SF QB twice each next year.

24. Green Bay - Elton Brown, OG, Virginia

With Rivera and Wahle gone, this is the top guard in the draft, and will help those losses seem less harsh.

25. Denver - Fabian Washngton, CB, Nebraska

With the loss of Herdnon, Denver needs a #2 CB. This blazing speed CB will help... and hopefully won't turn into a Deltha O'Neal.

26. New York (A) - Khalif Barnes, OT, Washington

A nice tackle prospect who will help clear holes for C-Mart and Blaylock this year, and be a general beast for years to come. Will help soften blow left by McKenzie's leaving.

27. Atlanta - Shaun Cody, DT/DE, USC

With Fatty Mcfatfat (though he was more commonly known as Ed Jasper) leaving, Atlanta needs a solid DT to make sure their improved run defense doesnt falter.

28. San Diego - Matt Jones, WR, Arkansas

With DE taken care of, San Diego can risk taking a chance on this interesting, versitle prospect. Besides WR, they might want to try him as a KR/PR, because Tim Dwight is gone.

29. Indianapolis - Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan

This CB/S prospect will definitely help a needy Indy secondary. Very quick and physical, and will help become a playmaker.

30. Pittsburgh - Heath Miller, TE, Virginia

Riemersma was a bust FA signing, so Pitt says "Next!" and brings forth this exciting TE. Should help the development of Ben Roethlisberger as well.

31. Philedelphia - Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee

A need position for Philly, and with DJ gone, this is the best "pure breed" OLB on the board.

32. New England - Justin Miller, CB, Clemson

The best CB available, and definite a huge need for NE, with tall of their current CBs looking like chickens with their heads cut off.[/quote]

There are a few things I dislike about this mock (and it's my own), like Pollack and Pool falling out of the first, but this took forever. And I like it... and that's what matters.

Suggestions and comments are accepted, but I am for damn sure not changing this again.
Last edited by no1cowboysfan on Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:51 pm

The Skins secondary will be FAR from "pitiful" with or without Pacman. Springs played at a Pro-bowl level last season and Sean Taylor could have been rookie of the year. They werent a top 3 defense by accident. ;-7

I like how the Skins secondary will be pitiful while the Cowboys secondary will be "dynamic." You're not a Cowboys fan are you no1cowboysfan? ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:57 pm

terpfan wrote:You're not a Cowboys fan are you no1cowboysfan? ;-)

LOL! :-b

I keep getting nervous with a bunch of mocks showing Seattle drafting a DE in the first round. Whyyyyy!? They have starters, and the depth at that position this draft year is incredible. Easily pick one up in later rounds (if at all).
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:43 pm

I like your top 10. I think if Carlos Rogers is still on the board when the Chiefs pick, they will take him. He had a solid combine and some are ranking him on the same level as Rolle and PacMan.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:33 pm

terpfan wrote:The Skins secondary will be FAR from "pitiful" with or without Pacman. Springs played at a Pro-bowl level last season and Sean Taylor could have been rookie of the year. They werent a top 3 defense by accident. ;-7

I like how the Skins secondary will be pitiful while the Cowboys secondary will be "dynamic." You're not a Cowboys fan are you no1cowboysfan? ;-)

pro bowl level? did he make the probowl? thats what i thought...
and by the way, springs' INTs came against people like boller, testaverde, and, in a game you lost, brett favre.

dont talk about how good your defense was last year when you went 6-10 and your best game was a win against ken dorsey and the 2-14 SF 49ers...

sean taylor could have been rookie of the year but he wasnt... was he? no, he wasnt...

"needs to help out their young, dynamic secondary" is what was said... meaning to help young roy williams and young terence newman with a pass rush. those two, last time i checked, were better than anyone you had in your secondary...

you need to check yourself before talking about someone else's bias when you clearly have the same biased...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onepunch » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:38 pm

GB taking a guard in round 1 would be a shock. They took one in "94 and one in '82 so it would fit a statistical anomalie, but they need defense. Though I'm sure that they will draft best available (if one of the top 3 RB's were to fall I have no problem seeing them draft a RB), they wouldn't have to reach to grab a defensive player in the 1st round. Antaj, Shaun Cody, Thomas Davis (I sure hope not) and a few good CB's will/could be available along with maybe Crowder. Guard is a deep position with at least 10 getting high grades. Look for Buenning of Wisconsin maybe in the 3rd round or Baas of Michigan in the second.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:52 pm

RayVins wrote:
terpfan wrote:The Skins secondary will be FAR from "pitiful" with or without Pacman. Springs played at a Pro-bowl level last season and Sean Taylor could have been rookie of the year. They werent a top 3 defense by accident. ;-7

pro bowl level? did he make the probowl? thats what i thought...
and by the way, springs' INTs came against people like boller, testaverde, and, in a game you lost, brett favre.

dont talk about how good your defense was last year when you went 6-10 and your best game was a win against ken dorsey and the 2-14 SF 49ers...

sean taylor could have been rookie of the year but he wasnt... was he? no, he wasnt...

"needs to help out their young, dynamic secondary" is what was said... meaning to help young roy williams and young terence newman with a pass rush. those two, last time i checked, were better than anyone you had in your secondary...

you need to check yourself before talking about someone else's bias when you clearly have the same biased...

actually, if he got INTs against Testeverde, they lost that game(s) too. Cowboys beat Washington twice last season... right Terp? :-b

By the way Terp... no need to get all defensive. RayVins pretty much said what I needed to.

The Cowboys secondary last season was downright awful, and I will be the absolute first to say so... I'll scream it from the mountain tops. BUT, if we get a rookie S (Shazor, Pool, etc.), it will be awfully young, with our oldest starter being 28.

And I mean "dynamic" to be exciting. They may be crappy, but you can't deny their exciting. Roy Williams is probably one of the most exciting people to watch in the NFL, if you love him, or especially if you hate him.

And without Smoot, as I'm sure you know (Mr. Convincing Smoot to stay), your secondary will hurt if you don't fill the need fast. How do I know? Well, the Cowboys proved last season that you can't have a great S, and a great CB, and be a good secondary. And yes, as much as I hate the Skins, I will of course admit that Taylor is a remarkable safety.

So yeah, I can see how you can take that the wrong way, but I hope that clears things up.

*edit: I just noticed that I had said "might have" a pitiful secondary. Man, were you overexaggerating or what? :-D

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:01 am

It wasnt a very defensive comment. More of a joke. Little Boys/Skins stab at no1.

And if you had watched Shawn Springs play this year you wouldnt argue the "pro bowl level" comment. He may not have made it but he was certainly worthy and was by far the best player in the secondary. And does anyone here really want to argue Sean Taylor's talent? I think those comments are less biased than calling the secondary "pitiful" but like i said it wasnt a big deal. Hell, I even added the ;-) .

Seems like RayVins was the one gettin defensive.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:04 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:*edit: I just noticed that I had said "might have" a pitiful secondary. Man, were you overexaggerating or what? :-D

Hey, no fair editing before I'm done typing! :-b

You also said "might have" a respectable D, so that little modifier doesnt seem to hold much weight.

Skins/Boys/RatBirds...I love it! :-B
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:06 am

terpfan wrote:It wasnt a very defensive comment. More of a joke. Little Boys/Skins stab at no1.

And if you had watched Shawn Springs play this year you wouldnt argue the "pro bowl level" comment. He may not have made it but he was certainly worthy and was by far the best player in the secondary. And does anyone here really want to argue Sean Taylor's talent? I think those comments are less biased than calling the secondary "pitiful" but like i said it wasnt a big deal. Hell, I even added the ;-) .

Seems like RayVins was the one gettin defensive.

Well, he's from Maryland, and he's an (ex :-# ) Cowboys fan... so he hates the Redskins as much as I do. Almost. :-b

And you have to admit... now that all the CBs in FA are gone, Pac Man might be the only chance you guys have at solidifying your secondary. And then Bledsoe would pass all over you. And that's just sad.. :-b

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk