Numero Uno's Mock 3.0 (FINAL) (Updated 4/22) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Numero Uno's Mock 3.0 (FINAL) (Updated 4/22)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:08 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
terpfan wrote:It wasnt a very defensive comment. More of a joke. Little Boys/Skins stab at no1.

And if you had watched Shawn Springs play this year you wouldnt argue the "pro bowl level" comment. He may not have made it but he was certainly worthy and was by far the best player in the secondary. And does anyone here really want to argue Sean Taylor's talent? I think those comments are less biased than calling the secondary "pitiful" but like i said it wasnt a big deal. Hell, I even added the ;-) .

Seems like RayVins was the one gettin defensive.

Well, he's from Maryland, and he's an (ex :-# ) Cowboys fan... so he hates the Redskins as much as I do. Almost. :-b

And you have to admit... now that all the CBs in FA are gone, Pac Man might be the only chance you guys have at solidifying your secondary. And then Bledsoe would pass all over you. And that's just sad.. :-b

Actually, I do want to draft a CB. Walt Harris will do a decent job filling in this year, and I don't doubt Gregg Williams will do a fine job keeping the D going, but behind Harris we have little depth and we'll need a good young starter.

I would prefer Rolle though. Gregg likes his CBs bigger than PacMan.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RayVins » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:29 am

terpfan wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:*edit: I just noticed that I had said "might have" a pitiful secondary. Man, were you overexaggerating or what? :-D

Hey, no fair editing before I'm done typing! :-b

You also said "might have" a respectable D, so that little modifier doesnt seem to hold much weight.

Skins/Boys/RatBirds...I love it! :-B

yeah dont worry about its all in good fun...

i just really, really, really hate the redskins...
#1-steelers
#2-yankees
#3-redskins

sorry if it came off harsh but i didnt know you were playing, i thought you were serious...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tyr » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:57 am

If the skins end up drafting Rolle or PacMan (or even Rogers.. 6 1/2 footer that runs a very respectable 4.35? Yes please..) , I think we'll see a season that's nearly as productive for the secondary as last year, even with the painful loss of Smoot. The addition of a taller and faster corner to replace the (sorry terp!) slightly over rated Smoot would be a wonderful thing for the future. I know that Harris will be around to help in a pinch, but frankly, that doesn't give me any reassurance at all.

A secondary spearheaded by Springs (assuming he plays at a high level in 2005-6), and bolstered with a talented rook (Rolle, please!) and the already irreplaceable Taylor gives me the warm fuzzies when I think about the future of our Pass D, even if Springs is starting to get up there into Oakland's age bracket..

All in all, a pretty good first round mock. GJ. ;-D
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:08 am

Tyr wrote:If the skins end up drafting Rolle or PacMan (or even Rogers.. 6 1/2 footer that runs a very respectable 4.35? Yes please..) , I think we'll see a season that's nearly as productive for the secondary as last year, even with the painful loss of Smoot. The addition of a taller and faster corner to replace the (sorry terp!) slightly over rated Smoot would be a wonderful thing for the future. I know that Harris will be around to help in a pinch, but frankly, that doesn't give me any reassurance at all.

A secondary spearheaded by Springs (assuming he plays at a high level in 2005-6), and bolstered with a talented rook (Rolle, please!) and the already irreplaceable Taylor gives me the warm fuzzies when I think about the future of our Pass D, even if Springs is starting to get up there into Oakland's age bracket..

All in all, a pretty good first round mock. GJ. ;-D

Sure...they're overated once they leave... :-b
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:13 pm

well like always there are gonna be a few picks ill disagree with, but a strong one was SD taking Williamson at #12. I know theyll be looking for a WR, but if braylon and williams are gone at 12, theyll wait till their later first round pick, then probably take a williamson/clayton/ whoever is left there. Troy at #12 is too big of a reach to happen... i hope...
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:22 pm

Very good mock man. I don't think Tampa will take someone other than Cadillac or Mike though. Erasmus James went a little early. So did Channing Crowder...the guy has a ton ton of talent, and I would love to have us get him, but I think 16 is a little early for him in the draft. And I don't think Williamson at 12 is too early...that's where he is going in most mocks now and the guy is the perfect speedster that can stretch the field for Brees and San Diego's offense. There is a pretty big dropoff in the wide receivers after Williamson, and I don't think they will wait till their 28th pick to fill up that need for a WR.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:33 pm

Warner isn't the future

and dilfer is?! i really like your draft but i think alex smith is the cream of the crop and he'll go one. i realize you didnt want to make trades, but theres no way cleveland takes johnson there, because they know they can trade down for him. i like the idea of miller going to pitt, that would be huge for them.

great job. ;-D
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:44 pm

RayVins wrote:yeah dont worry about its all in good fun...

i just really, really, really hate the redskins...

So there was no bias in your statement right? :-b

Who could hate the Redskins? :,-(
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:43 pm

terpfan wrote:Who could hate the Redskins? :,-(

hahahahahahahaha...nice.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:37 pm

RayVins wrote:
terpfan wrote:Who could hate the Redskins? :,-(

hahahahahahahaha...nice.

I don't think you really want to ask that question. This thread might explode to 30-40 pages in minutes... ;-)

I really do like this draft no1. Better than most the pro mocks I've seen.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk