Anyone else jonesing to see "Sin City"? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Anyone else jonesing to see "Sin City"?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:13 pm

This movie looks really really good. And Hot chicks, violence, good actors/actresses always seem to make a good movie. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Superman in Training » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:19 am

I do graphics for a local film review show and they reviewed this movie tonight.. they really ripped it apart.. they both said it was 1 out of 5 stars... :-o

One thing that I now know is that it is ultra ultra violent.. so if you don't like that then you might want to stay away..

Me I am looking forward to it still.. ;-D ;-D

They did say that there is lots of nudity!! ;-D Alba anyone? :-L
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:58 am

OK, if there is a lot of nudity, why in the heck did it take them so long to determine the rating? They weren't thinking of making it NC-17, were they? :-o

I'm going to doubt Alba's naked in this...because I probably would have heard about it by now. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:11 am

Roger Ebert dug this movie. His review is here.

Mercer Boy wrote:I'm going to doubt Alba's naked in this...because I probably would have heard about it by now. ;-D

As for Alba-nudity, I found this...

SciFi.com wrote:Jessica Alba, who plays a stripper with a heart of gold in the upcoming Sin City, told reporters that she took the role before realizing that her character appears naked in Frank Miller's graphic novels, upon which the film is based. "I wanted to do this movie because Robert Rodriguez was directing it, first and foremost," Alba said in a news conference. "I didn't really know it was a comic book when I read the [script pages]. ... And I then found out that she was a stripper and that she was bottomless and topless."

Alba plays Nancy Callahan, who performs in a seedy cowboy bar frequented by Basin City's darkest denizens. Alba said that she considered playing nude, but that she ended up dancing with a modest top and leather chaps. "Nudity was an option," she said. "We could have done it if we wanted to. ... Robert said that we could do it if we wanted to. And obviously it would have been more authentic. But I felt like dancing around with a lasso and chaps was going to be sexy enough, and I think being nude, for me, would have been distracting, and ... I really couldn't be bottomless. For my dad. He would really, I don't know, disown me or something. He would freak out."

So there you have it.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:10 am

the movie probably would gross more money if they coulda got her to take her chaps off :-) i know id buy a few copies B-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:54 pm

Awww too bad she doesn't bare it all. I know i would be first in line to see it if she did! But it still looks like a sweet movie so I'm prolly gonna check it out
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:12 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:OK, if there is a lot of nudity, why in the heck did it take them so long to determine the rating? They weren't thinking of making it NC-17, were they? :-o

I'm going to doubt Alba's naked in this...because I probably would have heard about it by now. ;-D

Actually, I'm pretty sure the controversy was between getting an R or NC-17 rating. Given the mainstream popularity this movie will have, I'm sure everyone involved with Sin City pushed for it to receive the R rating.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:22 pm

Damnit Cuna, you sunk my battleship! :-t :~(
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:02 am

Just saw the movie!!

TOTALLY INSANE! Super intense.. super violent.. very disturbing.. I loved every second of it..

Sometimes I laughed at parts that I felt like I shouldn't be laughing, but I coudln't help it.. afterall it is just a comic book movie...the direction was awesome.. the use of colors and effects were definitely like nothing I have seen before... I wont say too much more until more people see it.. Also I will like to give my new rating after I have taken a few days to reflect .. tonight though I give it a 9/10 But opening night is always hard to judge.. about 15 of us all went and we were all amped! Everyone that was with me said they really liked it though..

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:20 pm

I'm kinda pissed I didn't get to see it this weekend, but I'm glad that I've been hearing nothing but good comments and reviews.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk