Fox Mock 7.0 (Getting Better) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fox Mock 7.0 (Getting Better)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fox Mock 7.0 (Getting Better)

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:00 am

Link

Practice makes perfect. They're getting a little better.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:10 am

San Diego would be thrilled if Clayton were on the board here.

Has Clayton's stock been flying up or something? That line makes me doubt this mock. But I will read on.

Well I'm happy to see they finally learned the 49ers won't take a wide receiver with the first pick...but Merriman fell a little far. And how on earth did Thomas Davis fall out of the first round?
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:19 am

joshyboy72 wrote:
San Diego would be thrilled if Clayton were on the board here.

Has Clayton's stock been flying up or something? That line makes me doubt this mock. But I will read on.

Well I'm happy to see they finally learned the 49ers won't take a wide receiver with the first pick...but Merriman fell a little far. And how on earth did Thomas Davis fall out of the first round?

I had some similar thoughts. My heart would start racing if Heath Miller was still on the board at the beginning of round 2. I've seen mocks with Roddy White taken by the Chargers and he's out of the first round.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jjdub » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:20 am

Speaking of SD in this mock...
Pool has a nose for the ball and would upgrade the Chargers' mediocre run defense, for sure.

you can make many criticisms against the Chargers but not really against the run defense... I would hardly call 3rd of 32 mediocre... Maybe he meant pass defense...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby onepunch » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:49 pm

but Edwards is faster and has a better character grade

Since when does MW have character issues that would push Braylon over him?

Carnell Williams has the size to take the pounding and the speed to score on any carry.

Maybe I've been reading the wrong websites, but I got the impression he didn't have that breakaway speed. He was more shifty. I'm not saying he's slow, but He doesn't have Portis type speed to take it he distance any time, does he? I could be wrong here or nitpicking.

Smith could sit behind Tim Rattay in '05 and learn without undo pressure and avoid taking a beating

This contradicts what the coach said a couple days ago about if they take a QB, they want him to start right away. This was interpreted to mean that they were leaning towards Rogers who was in a more pro style type offense than Smith who isn't used to backpedaling because they were in a shotgun formation. The coach could be smokescreening, I suppose.

I think Merriman is a top 10 pick. Carlos Rogers may go to KC since their coaches were all over themselves with him and they have been going after evry CB in f/a that they can and haven't landed anyone. Thomas Davis is dropping like a lead balloon. Most "mock experts" not named Mel said he really hurt himself with the gain in weight and loss of speed when he was tested. He retested the other day and lost the weight and regained the speed, but I'm hearing he gets to lost in traffic, doesn't fight through plays to make the tackle, but likes to run around the play to attempt the tackle (a HUGE no-no in the NFL). He doesn't sound very quick or physical. I can agree seeing him fall out of the 1st round. Then again, all it takes is one team to love him.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:57 pm

in all these mocks we see the dolpins taking running backs. i think this team needs a qb more than anyone in the league. why arent the dolphins rumored to be looking at QB's?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:43 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:in all these mocks we see the dolpins taking running backs. i think this team needs a qb more than anyone in the league. why arent the dolphins rumored to be looking at QB's?

The thought is since they gave up a second round pick for Feely they feel he has the ability to start. My guess.......they take a RB this year, finish in or near last place again, and then realize they need another QB next year. Just a guess though, maybe Feely will be the man.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Postby onepunch » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:48 pm

or Frerotte
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:53 pm

man frerotte or feely? thats pathetic. like OC said, maybe they finish last and grab lienhart next year. but i think if alex smith falls to them they will grab him.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:30 pm

That is a little better. I was a bit surprised by the Clayton comment as well. I'd be surprised if he wasnt there at the Chargers pick.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk