More Pro Daze - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

More Pro Daze

Moderator: Football Moderators

More Pro Daze

Postby onepunch » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:13 pm

http://www.gbnreport.com/nextlevelreports.html

Here's the highlights:

PEARL RIVER CC, MS (March 24th) wide receiver LARRY BRACKINS ran between 4.54 and 4.56 in the 40... fastest time was 4.52... 35.5" vertical... 9'7" broad jump...
was satisfied with his shuttle times... 6043, 215 pounds... caught passes from Fred McNair, a former AFL standout, who is now coaching at Millsaps, MS college... had about a 35-45 minute positional workout, running routes and catching passes... 40-times came on grass... four teams, Houston, Minnesota, New Orleans and Philadelphia, were on hand for today's workout... already has a private visit with Tampa Bay scheduled for early April.

NORTHERN COLORADO (March 23rd) senior wide receiver VINCENT JACKSON did not run the 40-yard dash... 4.00/4.01 short shuttle... 10'9" broad jump... 23 reps of 225 pounds... weighed in at 6046, 239 pounds... Cleveland and Denver have shown a lot of interest, plus he has as many as 6-8 teams looking to schedule private visits over the next few weeks... has made a big move between the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine... likely Top-50 if not better, as of today.

USC (March 23rd) senior defensive lineman SHAUN CODY ran between 5.02 and 5.08 in the 40... 4.48 short shuttle... 7.78/7.82 three-cone... 30" vertical... 8'1" broad jump... weighed in at 6037, 292 pounds... looked a little sluggish throughout his workout... if you remember during the week of the Combine we made mention of the fact that there has been some concerns not about his character or work ethic, but more because he is a well-known "Party" guy...

junior running back T.A. MCCLENDON ran between 4.61 and 4.68 in the 40... offensive line and defensive back coaches were the most noticeable NFL faces in attendance.
AKRON senior quarterback CHARLIE FRYE, who has a private workout scheduled for April 1st... had a private workout on Thursday (March 24th) with Miami... it also featured free agent wide receiver Nick Sparks, who is 6030, 210 pounds, 4.55 in the 40.

AUBURN senior quarterback JASON CAMPBELL has private visits setup with Cleveland, Miami, Tampa Bay and Tennessee, as well as two others pending.

MICHIGAN senior wide receiver BRAYLON EDWARDS has private visits setup with Chicago, Detroit and Tampa Bay, and several others pending.

CALIFORNIA senior quarterback AARON RODGERS and UTAH junior quarterback ALEX SMITH, both have private visits scheduled with Tampa Bay.

HAMPTON U. senior wide receiver/return man JEROME MATHIS has private workouts with both Indianapolis and San Francisco upcoming, as both teams want to evaluate his return skills in-person... mainly to watch him catch punts.

IOWA senior defensive tackle JONATHAN BABINEAUX has a private visit scheduled with the NY Jets.

MISSOURI junior defensive tackle C.J. MOSLEY has a private visit scheduled with the NY Jets.

Former OHIO STATE (March 31st) running back MAURICE CLARETT will be holding a private workout on March 31st (not April 1st) starting at 1:30pm... it is scheduled for Deemer Park, which has a track and field for additional drills...
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:30 pm

Vincent Jackson is going to be a good one...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby onepunch » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:45 pm

I've seen Jackson listed as a TE on some draft sites. He is a big boy, but so is Mike Williams. Anyone else fear Williams will get to big as he continues to grow and be forced to be a TE? He isn't that fast to start with. Boo Williams was rated the top player coming out by SI (take that for what it is worth) right after the draft was completed (It was a mock for the following year). Boo ballooned up and ended up being a TE and drafted late. Couldn't that happen to Williams too? Just curious what others think.
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:33 pm

I like mathis to be decent in a few years and campbell would be a good one for cleveland, although i prefer Frye for them.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bigGAME101 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:07 am

onepunch wrote:I've seen Jackson listed as a TE on some draft sites. He is a big boy, but so is Mike Williams. Anyone else fear Williams will get to big as he continues to grow and be forced to be a TE? He isn't that fast to start with. Boo Williams was rated the top player coming out by SI (take that for what it is worth) right after the draft was completed (It was a mock for the following year). Boo ballooned up and ended up being a TE and drafted late. Couldn't that happen to Williams too? Just curious what others think.

I agree with the notion of Jackson possibly becoming a TE. I saw very little of him in college, but from what I did see I can't say I was overly impressed...not with his actualy play (I mean, the guy could dominate almost any defender with his size), but more with his intangibles and natural talent. In short, I think he will struggle at the next level. Mike Williams is a different story. He is a big guy, but also very disciplined from what I have heard. I'm sure whatever team takes him will ensure he doesnt let his weight get too high, and his natural recieving skills are on par with almost any reciever to come out of the draft in recent years. His size just makes him that much more attractive.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk