is Kerry Collins a viable starter in a 16 team league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

is Kerry Collins a viable starter in a 16 team league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby altproject » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:07 pm

there's nothing wrong with collins for a 16 team league. i'm in a 20 team league and took the same approach -- although i went even deeper before i picked my first QB. collins was well gone in my drafted before i was able to take Carr in about the 10th round.

anyhow, i've traded around (had gannon and vick at one time) and have now ended up with Kitna -- who I'm happy to have gotten. in a 20 team league, even kitna's great to have. i wouldn't worry about collins -- not sure about your yardage expectations, but he's fine for a 16 team league.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:42 pm

Collins, especially in a 16 team league, is a pretty good starting QB. You should definitely start him this week, against the horrid Falcons defense. And were you joking about Collins throwing the most yards in the league?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RaginCajun » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:09 pm

Sorry to tell you this but your WR's are not above average.........Robinson is a huge bust so far,Conway is an afterthought with Moss in NY........and same goes with Bruce in St. Louis......he puts ok yardage but holt gets all the TD's..........I think you could do a lot worse than collins in a 16 team league..............Goodluck
RaginCajun
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LBJackal » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:39 am

Notice the post date on those comments...I now know that my WR's were a bust, I was just resurrecting this post to prove I'm right so far about Collins passing for the most yards in the NFL :-)
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:40 am

well, if it makes you feel any better, I have been starting Collins in my ten team league. McNabb is riding the bench.

oh, and in my other league, I was the LAST team (out of 12) to take a quarterback, and I was able to get McNair. In fact, some teams even drafted more than one qb before I took McNair.

Here are the qbs drafted before McNair...........

Michael Vick
Donovan McNabb
Rich Gannon
Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Dante Culpepper
Jeff Garcia
Brett Favre
Chad Pennington
Tommy Maddox
Aaron Brooks
Drew Bledsoe
Kerry Collins
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Super Freak » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:36 am

depends on the matchup
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ynot » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:49 am

A lot depends on your matchups as Superfreak has said and also on how many QBs start in your league.

I believe the answer is yes regardless though because we're tallking about a 16 team league. If you start 1 QB are there really 16 better QBs than Collins? Doubtful. And the more QBs you start each week the more obvious it gets.
ynot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk