Need help with a trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need help with a trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need help with a trade

Postby gemmell78 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:32 am

I get Chris Chambers for Stephen Davis for Joe Horn and James Stewart.
My thoughts are this, Stallworth seems pretty good on NO and seems to be taking some passes from Horn and Stewart really should just be a backup. Davis should produce most of the season and Chambers is bound to do better. At least thats what I hope.
My team right now is
Griese, Couch
Moss, Horn, Mason, Kennison, Gadson, Javon Walker,
Holmes, Stewart
Pollard, Mikhael Ricks
I would rather not have Gadson and Chambers, but would either trade gadson or release him as I don't expect much from him.
I really could use another RB as our league has 14 teams and good ones are very scarce.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
gemmell78

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby kashikis » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:50 am

honestly i dont like the trade you posted only because there no guarantee about davis yet ever since the first game hes been going downhill because the skins fun and gun offense doesnt surprise anyone anymore. and your moss horn tandem is probably the best WR duo in your league if you trade either of them get a better back than davis hes not worth it. look for a better trade if you can

also look for wells from houston on the FA wire he could be a good sleeper RB. you need real help at the RB position so keep looking if possible

but if thats all you can get than i guess youd have to take it you need to do something so wait a few days but do the trade b4 next week if nothing else comes

you should have drafted smarter with your RBs :-t
Last edited by kashikis on Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Go ahead

Postby Petey » Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:07 am

I would do it. You really need help at rb, and Davis is a definite upgrade. While they're changing QB's every week, Davis will be the constant in the Wash. equation. Spurrier knows he'll have to do well for the team to succeed. Stewart is injury prone and plays for the Pussycats. Chambers is a tier below Horn but you have good backup wr's and could play the matchup game week to week.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:15 pm

i would do this trade, horn may hurt you right now, but chambers and davis should produce better numbers than what would give up
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:39 pm

Don't trade!Drop one of those "nobody"recievers and get yourself some depth at RB.Ditch Gadsden & Walker.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk