49ers trade rumor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

49ers trade rumor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Evolution » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:39 am

It would never happen simply because of how much that trade would destroy SD's cap. If it were going to happen, it would have happened before free agency began. SD would have to eat a ton of Rivers' bonus money this season.
Image
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 3896
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby CC » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:32 am

MadScott wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:The 49ers front office believes that the top 5 players in this draft are better than any player in last year's draft (including Rivers). :-)
....reason #3,452 that our team is no where near returning to the Super Bowl. Are they kidding me? :-t :-o :~(


Eli Manning>Anyone in this draft
Robert Gallery>Anyone in this draft
Larry Fitzgerald>Anyone in this draft
Sean Taylor>Anyone in this draft
Roy Williams>Anyone in this draft
Ben Roethlisberger>Anyone in this draft
Top 11 Players in this draft>Philip Rivers
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby jjdub » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:30 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Top 11 Players in this draft>Philip Rivers

I definitely hope you are wrong on this last one... (and personally I think you are)
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 373
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego, CA

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:34 pm

jjdub wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Top 11 Players in this draft>Philip Rivers

I definitely hope you are wrong on this last one... (and personally I think you are)


Rivers is just as proven as Rodgers or Smith are at this point and in these top players going into this draft seem amazing. I don't know if I'd say 11 will be better, but I'd assume it'd be a solid amount.
Image
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4480
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:36 pm

Evolution wrote:It would never happen simply because of how much that trade would destroy SD's cap. If it were going to happen, it would have happened before free agency began. SD would have to eat a ton of Rivers' bonus money this season.


What I've heard regarding this is that SD is far enough under the cap this year that they wouldn't feel any ramifications from it.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby MCG321 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:51 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Evolution wrote:It would never happen simply because of how much that trade would destroy SD's cap. If it were going to happen, it would have happened before free agency began. SD would have to eat a ton of Rivers' bonus money this season.


What I've heard regarding this is that SD is far enough under the cap this year that they wouldn't feel any ramifications from it.


But what about the fortune they'll have to spend (again) to sign another #1 pick? Is their cap situation really that great?
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 2644
Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Evolution » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:29 pm

MCG321 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
Evolution wrote:It would never happen simply because of how much that trade would destroy SD's cap. If it were going to happen, it would have happened before free agency began. SD would have to eat a ton of Rivers' bonus money this season.


What I've heard regarding this is that SD is far enough under the cap this year that they wouldn't feel any ramifications from it.


But what about the fortune they'll have to spend (again) to sign another #1 pick? Is their cap situation really that great?


That's what I implied as well... paying a #1 pick and ponying up for Rivers' signing bonus would take a grotesque amount of cap room, which I doubt even the cap-friendly Chargers have.
Image
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 3896
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Vancouver, BC

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:46 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact