The Man Show - C(ancellation) minus a few months... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Man Show - C(ancellation) minus a few months...

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Man Show - C(ancellation) minus a few months...

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:50 am

Well, some kids copied stuff off this show a'la Jackass...how long before "concerned parents" force Comedy Central to stop production on the show? :-? :,-(

Yahoo! News wrote:ROCKPORT, Maine - Three students at Camden Hills Regional High School face charges for using improvised stun guns on fellow students, police said.

The culprits, all freshmen boys, used the devices to shock fellow students on the bus, leaving visible burns and blisters on some of them, said Kip Bickford, an officer with the Rockport Police Department who works at the high school.

Two were charged with aggravated assault with a dangerous weapon, and the third was charged with carrying a concealed weapon because he allegedly took the device to school, Bickford said.

"These kids are not bad kids," Bickford said. "They're not kids who have been in trouble. They're not doing it maliciously. They're being stupid."

The teenagers learned how to convert disposable cameras into stun guns by seeing it demonstrated on "The Man Show," a program on the Comedy Central cable network.

An investigation revealed that about 10 students were victims of the devices, though most allowed themselves to be shocked. Two or three were unwilling victims.

The students were altering the devices to give a shock from the charge used for the camera's flash. A capacitor in the camera builds up the battery's charge to 330 volts for the flash, causing a jolt that's not life threatening, Bickford said.

Bickford said he tried the device on himself. The first time was not too bad, he said, but his arm was left numb for two hours when he tried it for a second time.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:48 pm

:-D That's awesome! They should reward those industrious young fellows rather than punish them. Making a stun gun out of disposable camera, classic! ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:52 am

Blame the parents for letting their kids watch the man show. Dont get me wrong I love the Man Show, but I also wouldnt use a camera to stun my friends. Well, I might, but I wouldnt get caught :-b
Last edited by portisfan24 on Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:55 am

I assume we are talking about the bad Man Show, the one without Adam Carolla. Good riddance then.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Superman in Training » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:16 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:I assume we are talking about the bad Man Show, the one without Adam Carolla. Good riddance then.

Yeah i stopped watching it after Adam left too.. I didn't even know it was still on...

But still I hate when things are blammed on TV/Movies/ & music! Enough already!
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:05 pm

I agree. The kids should take full blame. They are taking their own risk by watching the show, and that's why some shows have viewer discretion notices: to help them if they get sued.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:53 pm

They should have stunned the principal when they got to his office. That would have been funny.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:08 pm

reminds me of a device i made out of gi-joe parts and 9 volt batteries when i was a kid. man that thing was fun ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:00 am

portisfan24 wrote:Blame the parents for letting their kids watch the man show. Dont get me wrong I love the Man Show, but I also wouldnt use a camera to stun my friends. Well, I might, but I wouldnt get caught :-b

Agreed on all accounts :-D

BTW anybody got instructions on how to make one of those bad-boys? It's my friend's 21st birthday tomorrow and party favours are always a good idea ;-)
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:37 pm

MadScott wrote:They should reward those industrious young fellows rather than punish them. Making a stun gun out of disposable camera, classic! ;-D

These kids should be punished for what they did,causing harm to fellow human beings.It's not like they made this up themselves,rather copied someone else's instructions on how to make one....not real brilliant by my standards.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to General Talk