Anyone else here listen to hip-hop? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Anyone else here listen to hip-hop?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:31 pm

My favorite underground artists are MF Doom, Aesop Rock, 7L & Esoteric, Last Emporer, J-Live, Louis Logic (from Demigodz), Organized Konfusion, Ras Kass, and Sage Francis.

Also less underground stuff like Jurassic 5, Immortal Technique, Cormega, and Canibus is also some of my personal fav. stuff.

If anyone who really likes rap hasn't heard of Papoose, I definetly recommend you check him out. He has an album coming out this summer with Kay Slay and is going to do big things.

Download: Papoose - Alphabetical Slaughter and you will see what I mean.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:34 am

My favourite rap artists would have to be Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, G-UNIT, The Game, Eminem and Jay-Z. The thing is, Im not a huge music fan. I pretty much only listen to it while driving or partying, and I find the ebst driving/partying music is rap. So thats why I listen to it.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:56 am

Guttpuppy wrote:I listen to all music and am a pretty big fan of rap although I'm kind of partial to the early stuff from the 80's...hell,I used to breakdance. :-)

Two people that I never would suspected.

Gutt and Vin Deisel.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:02 am

awwchrist wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:I listen to all music and am a pretty big fan of rap although I'm kind of partial to the early stuff from the 80's...hell,I used to breakdance. :-)

Two people that I never would suspected.

Gutt and Vin Deisel.

That would be so freaking money...I would have brought the breakdancing mat to the picnic had I known you could bust a move, man! ;-D

I liked the 80s/early 90s rap too. In 7th and 8th grade, we were all rapping Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer! ;-D. I have been listening to some of it on Launchcast's best of the 90s...it's nice to hear that stuff again. Most of it was just "dance" music though, but if there was spoken stuff in it, it was rap to me. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TaturCity34 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:53 am

You guy listen to any Stones Throw stuff. Like Madlib, Lootpack, or Peanut Butter Wolf?

Its pretty good stuff. It really grew on me.
TaturCity34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Purifying myself in the waters of Lake Bemidji (Northern Minnesota)

Postby RayVins » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:16 pm

does anyone here listen to any new rap???
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:20 pm

The only new rap I listen to is 50, Em, and some Ludacris. I am more fond of the 90's stuff. Its too much of the same stuff in rap today and I am soooo sick of the Yeah!, OK!, Lets go! - Terrible

The greatest rapper of all time, IMO, is 2Pac. I am a huge fan of pac and I will listen to his stuff all the time when I wanna listen to rap. Besides that, like I said, its just pretty much Em and 50
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:15 pm

For those who dare to venture to the baseball side there The Battle of the Hip Hop Artists is going on in general talk.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:17 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:For those who dare to venture to the baseball side there The Battle of the Hip Hop Artists is going on in general talk.

How dare you talk about those we don't speak of 8-o :-b
Last edited by J2thez929 on Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hayesb26 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:35 pm

Take it easy bud.

For rap/hip-hop, I haven't listened to anything except Jay Z since the days of Tupac and Biggie. Really liked listening to those guys, and still do occasionally break out their old cassettes!
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk