IDP Dynasty Scoring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IDP Dynasty Scoring

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDP Dynasty Scoring

Postby Tyr » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:52 am

I know I posted a similar thread five or six months ago, but with the Draft rapidly approaching, I've decided it's time to start finalizing league rules.. so once again, I ask all of you (now that the season is over, and you have time to tinker around with this kind of thing)..

How are your h2h IDP leagues scored? I'm torn between going performance based and having a standard scoring system, and I'm unsure of how to appropriately balance defensive scoring. I'm adopting a pretty standard h2h offensive scoring system (1pt/10rush/receiving, 6/td, 1/25pass, etc) - what numbers would roughly balance defensive players to offensive players?

Or, if you don't want to get into the mechanics and balancing, what scoring systems do your IDP leagues use? What are the pros and cons of your league's rules and scoring?

Thanks in advance for the thoughts, gents.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:37 am

I think one of the main points to consider is whether LB and DL are separate positions or lumped together (as many leagues seem to be doing these days). If they're separate, DLs will have value based on scarcity alone, but if not, you may want to raise the value of sacks a bit - otherwise, you might wind up with DLs being close to worthless.

With that offensive scoring, I'd probably go with something along the lines of:

Tackle, pass defense = 1
Assist = 0.5
Interception, forced fumble, fumble recovery, safety, blocked kick = 2
Sack = 2 (or more if no separate DL slot)
Defensive TD = 6

That'll leave you (just at a quick glance) with offensive players putting up somewhat higher totals than defenders; if you want them to be equal, you'd probably have to raise those numbers by 50% or so (run the numbers, though - I'm just estimating).

In any case, it's all basically a matter of taste, but these numbers probably aren't a bad baseline to start from.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tyr » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:53 am

Thanks Arlo. I was planning on numbers roughly equal to those you suggested.

I believe we'll be playing with DL and LB as seperate positions, although that's something I should bring up with the others involved before I start drawing up the official rules.

I'll play around with the numbers a bit and see what I come up with, but going off of Ray Lewis' 2004-5 stats alone, that seems relatively accurate.

I appreciate the help ;-D
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk