Overall Rankings 2005 (through 4 rounds).... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Overall Rankings 2005 (through 4 rounds)....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Overall Rankings 2005 (through 4 rounds)....

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:47 am

OK, I've been working up my overall rankings as I do some mocks, and start preparing for my early fantasy drafts... I've worked my way through 4 rounds, and wanted to get some input to see what y'all think.... How do these look so far:

Running Backs in Green...
Wide Receivers in Blue...
Quarter Backs in Dark Red...
Tight Ends in Bright Red....

1) S. Alexander
2) L. Tomlinson
3) E. James
4) W. McGahee
5) P. Holmes
6) C. Dillon
7) A. Green
8) J. Lewis

9) P. Manning
10) D. McAllister
11) D. Davis
12) C. Portis
13) R. Johnson

14) T. Owens
15) T. Barber
16) K. Jones

17) R. Moss
18) C. Brown
19) J. Jones

20) D. McNabb
21) F. Taylor
22) T. Bell

23) T. Holt
24) M. Harrison

25) D. Culpepper
26) C. Martin
27) B. Westbrook

28) C. Johnson
29) A. Johnson
30) J. Walker

31) T. Jones
32) L. Jordan

33) J. Horn
34) T. Gonzalez
35) S. Jackson
36) H. Ward
37) R. Wayne
38) A. Gates
39) S. Smith
40) R. Williams (DET)

How's it look?
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:54 am

Not bad. Couple things:

1.) So in a ten team league, according to your rankings, you would take Fred Taylor first pick in the third round, but you wouldn't take Thomas Jones until the fifth?

2.) I think both Gonzo and Gates should be above Mason, Ward and S. Jackson (still in a RBBC).

3.) Swap McNabb and C-Pepp.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:07 am

kevinoc81 wrote:Not bad. Couple things:

1.) So in a ten team league, according to your rankings, you would take Fred Taylor first pick in the third round, but you wouldn't take Thomas Jones until the fifth?

2.) I think both Gonzo and Gates should be above Mason, Ward and S. Jackson (still in a RBBC).

3.) Swap McNabb and C-Pepp.

I was thinking some of those same things... I bumped the TE's up some.... And I moved McNabb ahead of Daunte....

As far as Thomas Jones goes, I'm not a big fan.... Of course as a TJ owner in one league last year, he kind of rained on my parade a little when the A-Train got back into the line-up, so that might be why....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tbones » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:13 am

Hey guys, have not been here in a looonng time!! Anyway, I was planning on keeping McNabb over SA for next year (we can keep 1 player). I figured there are 3 QB's in the the league that are really desireable, and the rest are just iffy, and the Rb pool is very deep, someone tell me I am wrong!?!?!?!?!?
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:17 am

Tbones wrote:Hey guys, have not been here in a looonng time!! Anyway, I was planning on keeping McNabb over SA for next year (we can keep 1 player). I figured there are 3 QB's in the the league that are really desireable, and the rest are just iffy, and the Rb pool is very deep, someone tell me I am wrong!?!?!?!?!?

No way I would do that... The RB options are deep this year, but there is a big drop off once you get past LT2 and SA....

Besides that, in a 1 keeper league, chances are EVERYONE else (minus the Manning owner) is going to be keeping a RB, which will leave lots of QB's available, and not so many backs...

Keep SA.... No question....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:21 am

Plindsey88 wrote:As far as Thomas Jones goes, I'm not a big fan.... Of course as a TJ owner in one league last year, he kind of rained on my parade a little when the A-Train got back into the line-up, so that might be why....

Understandable, but unless the Bears draft a RB with the #4 pick he's got to crack the top 40. (All homerism aside!)
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:25 am

kevinoc81 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:As far as Thomas Jones goes, I'm not a big fan.... Of course as a TJ owner in one league last year, he kind of rained on my parade a little when the A-Train got back into the line-up, so that might be why....

Understandable, but unless the Bears draft a RB with the #4 pick he's got to crack the top 40. (All homerism aside!)

Yeah, you're probably right.... OK, I'll slide him in there....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:36 am

Very cool, it looks awesome. I like the way you color-coordinated it ;-D

For the running backs, I agree with the guys in the Top 4, but I'm kinda suprised to see Shaun Alexander ahead of LaDainian. I also think that Priest is gonna fall a few spots, down to 7-8. I think that his age is catching up to him, and the Chiefs will start introducing Larry Johnson as the starter. I think that Corey Dillon rounds out the top 5, I think he'll have a big year, as the Patriots lost two key WR's(Brown and Patten), and will run a lot more.

I agree mostly with the WR's, but I think Michael Clayton will take Darrell Jackson's spot. I think Steve Smith should be ahead of Wayne and maybe even Ward as well. Other than that, that part looks good.

As for the TE's, I think Gates will be better than Gonzo this year, and Todd Heap should be a Top 40 pick. Not sure who to bump though :-?

But, all-around it looks great ;-D . Keep up the good work!
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby pdub » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:36 am

d jax should not be on that list. no way.
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby pdub » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:47 am

These were ranked by the cafe earlier. buleson, porter, boldin, mason, muhammed, and roy all above d jax.

J. Walker - 2.90
Wayne - 3.27
Horn - 3.36
A. Johnson- 3.63
S. Smith - 5.54
Burleson - 5.72
Ward - 7.90
J. Porter - 8.90
Boldin - 9.54
Mason - 9.90
Muhammed- 10.81
R. Williams - 10.90
D. Jackson - 11.00
J. Smith - 11.54

i also don't like s jax on that list.

i'd switch fred taylor and l. jordan.

i'd drop portis blow moss.

edited to add that the list is pretty good, and i enjoy plindsey's posts. just some ideas, tho...
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk